• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Confirmed: , B1G. Going To A 10 Game Conference Schedule in 2020;

Vegas already setting win/loss projections. Nebraska expected to get 3.5 wins:

This is an article SI ran in April, but it's worth revisiting. Especially the section on finances. According to SI, overall P5 schools made an average of $28.2 million in profit on football. Even at most "basketball schools," football brings in more revenue. Basketball only brought in more revenue at Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky and Louisville. (Although I'm not sure how, or if, they consider money from the NCAA tournament that's usually split between conference schools.)

Ironically, "Group of Five" schools may come out of this better, or at least less worse off, than P5 schools. The G5 schools got an average of $21.7 million from their university budgets. The P5 schools athletic departments averaged only $5.5 million. Having written that, if university enrollments and their overall budgets take a hit (which they will), so does the money budgeted for athletics.

Last edited:

This is an article SI ran in April, but it's worth revisiting. Especially the section on finances. According to SI, overall P5 schools made an average of $28.2 million in profit on football. Even at most "basketball schools," football brings in more revenue. Basketball only brought in more revenue at Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky and Louisville. (Although I'm not sure how, or if, they consider money from the NCAA tournament that's usually split between conference schools.)

Ironically, "Group of Five" schools may come out of this better, or at least less worse off, than P5 schools. The G5 schools got an average of $21.7 million from their university budgets. The P5 schools athletic departments averaged only $5.5 million. Having written that, if university enrollments and their overall budgets take a hit (which they will), so does the money budgeted for athletics.

Just look at the non-conference

Can they break those out of conference contracts that easily? Or will there have to be some payoff. They can claim act of God but then if they turn around and play someone else they lose that claim. And the league said part of the reason is the flexibility it allows the B1G. Not sure that will help.

The league could assert the small schools can't meet some kind of medical standard, like testing, but in this environment it would be tough to argue their standards aren't largely arbitrary.

I wouldn't be surprised if schools end up making partial settlements of some kind.

More from the B1G on yahoo sports

I posted this link in another thread but it makes sense here too. Some comments on the desire for flexibility in the schedule contributed to the decision. I like where their head’s at. At least they’re trying to make a season happen. Still feeling optimistic...

I can't take any more youtube rerun football. I've watched and rewatched all games of importance and then some. Maybe playstation can create a 1923 season beating the ND team of folklore.

You can just about any game from the past 30 years on disc from HM, Best Of Big Red etc etc :) :Lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back