• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Conference Re-Alignments

The Florida fans in my office were absolutely pissed they couldn't compete with Nebraska for Frost. Let me tell you. One day they were all "we're getting Frost" to "crap!" the next.
I think both Nebraska and Florida are happy with their current hires. It was funny though as Tennessee fans that I am obviously surrounded by thought they could get Frost and had more to offer than we did. I guess that kind of explains the national perception of Nebraska right now. Let’s change it!

That would be a dream alignment for me. Nice job!

Yeah, it's admittedly pretty Husker-friendly, although I did not intentionally set out to make a Nebraska-centric concept. Just thought the idea of conferences having 3 divisions was intriguing and wanted to explore it.

But, yes, a nice side effect of that would be a division of NU, Kansas, KSU, Mizzou, OU and OkState.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was working on a concept for college football with 4 major conferences, split into 18 teams (3 divisions x 6 teams). To avoid just spamming the same content here, I'll just link the post for anyone who wants to read it:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119526-rethinking-ncaa-football/

I like it. Keeps some long standing relationships, restores some old ones, and keeps the travel realistic for almost all the programs. Never happen but should

Oklahoma yes. Texas no, they’re poison. The Big Ten is obviously more powerful then the old Big Eight but the old Big Eight was more powerful the Southwestern conference and look how that worked out for us.
UT would have to publicly grovel and Nebraska's feet to get into the B1G. Even then, I'd send them away.

"Let them eat cake."
If the B1G were forced to choose between Nebraska and Texas, I don't think that we'd like the outcome. Look, I don't like Texas either--especially their fans ... and their players ... and their coaches--but there's no denying that they bring a lot to the table.

On the bright side, there is NOTHING wrong with their cheerleaders....
a7984977cb047cb9a500a2bfa6353d12.jpg

4a26b816acd15c89096602fa2f062136.jpg

hot-texas-longhorns-cheerleader.jpg

fe063ce209511653d69baa26508fdb96.jpg

1Texas-Cheerleaders101417-0045n1.jpg

016748761.jpg

texas-longhorns-throwing-up-the-horns-L-MAdWJi.jpeg

600xpopupgallery.jpg

e5f21f65ec3390f913be88773d9c4592.jpg

7-texas-football-cheerleaders-1.jpg

If the B1G were forced to choose between Nebraska and Texas, I don't think that we'd like the outcome. Look, I don't like Texas either--especially their fans ... and their players ... and their coaches--but there's no denying that they bring a lot to the table.

On the bright side, there is NOTHING wrong with their cheerleaders....
a7984977cb047cb9a500a2bfa6353d12.jpg

4a26b816acd15c89096602fa2f062136.jpg

hot-texas-longhorns-cheerleader.jpg

fe063ce209511653d69baa26508fdb96.jpg

1Texas-Cheerleaders101417-0045n1.jpg

016748761.jpg

texas-longhorns-throwing-up-the-horns-L-MAdWJi.jpeg

600xpopupgallery.jpg

e5f21f65ec3390f913be88773d9c4592.jpg

7-texas-football-cheerleaders-1.jpg
As their history shows, Texas is not a team player. Texas wants to control everything wherever they go and there is no way the other schools in the league would take a backseat to them, especially OSU and Michigan. The good they would bring will never outweigh the bad.

I don't think the B1G would take them
You do realize that the B1G has actively pursued them multiple times to see if they would enter the B1G, including in 2010, just before Nebraska started talks with the B1G? The B1G also reached out to Texas and N.D. in the 90s. I can't remember the details, but there were talks at other times besides that. Texas was looking at the Pac-10 and Big 10 before the Big 12 was created.

Guys, I get it: you hate Texas. Also, yes, Texas DOES tend to drop a deuce on every conference that they enter. But anyone who is objective would still see that there isn't a team that the B1G would rather add than Texas, with the possible exception of Notre Dame.

Last edited:

The thing that the B1G could (probably WOULD) do that the Big 12 didn't do is to NOT add any other Texas schools with them. Texas by themselves can't outvote anybody and doesn't have the weight to throw around. Historically, B1G has been dominated by Michigan and Ohio State, and those two schools have no desire to see that change. Possibly the biggest concern with adding both Texas and Oklahoma together is that they could form a western bloc that has more sway than Texas by themselves, and Oklahoma has tended to go along to get along with Texas in recent years. I don't see any of the traditional Big 10 schools (plus Penn State) giving anything away to Texas.

I'd still think that Texas is more likely to go to the Pac 12, who would love to have them because Texas would rather be a big fish in a small pond than one of a few big fish in a bigger pond. This is also why they won't join the SEC.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back