• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Conference Buy-outs

I suspect a lot of those higher viewing numbers are generated directly because of the success of a teams program. If a team is winning they are getting the best time slots and other factors that would push their numbers higher. Obviously winning teams are going to have more viewers. I'll bet very few if any teams have as crappy W-L record as Nebraska over past 10 years but averaged 1.51M viewers? How many crappy 11 AM starts has Nebraska had as opposed to prime spots given to teams like OSU or Bama? I understand why better teams get the prime TV times but it's also a huge factor in how many viewers are watching them. Huskers start winning and I'll bet our viewing numbers will greatly increase.

If Nebraska starts winning, more fans will watch the entire game instead of turning it off at halftime or the start of the 4th quarter. I have been guilty of mowing the lawn in the 2nd half of games because of frustration the last several years.

Last edited:
You might as well criticize the entire American university system since the 1800's. Small towns all over the country sponsored private universities to increase their prestige so people would move there. The currency of large universities is prestige. Just about everything that university presidents focus on is designed to either protect their university's current prestige or to increase its prestige. Those who cause their universities to lose prestige get fired.

Come to think of it, sports is the same way.
May as well. It’s a corruptive bunch.

If Nebraska starts winning, more fans will watch the entire game instead of turning it off at halftime or the start of the 4th quarter. I have been guilty of mowing the lawn in the 2nd half of games because of frustration the last several years.
Yea I've been very close to just saying "Screw this I've seen enough" but stupidly keep watching some of those horrible train wrecks. Some of those Wisky beatdowns were really difficult to keep watching but I kept watching the unfolding horror show. lol At least last season all were winable late in the games while we all waited for the train wreck to happen. It was extremely frustrating losing so many games because of incredibly stupid mistakes!

Would be real nice to have some games safely put away by the end of the 3rd quarter but I'm not holding my breath!

Yea I've been very close to just saying "Screw this I've seen enough" but stupidly keep watching some of those horrible train wrecks. Some of those Wisky beatdowns were really difficult to keep watching but I kept watching the unfolding horror show. lol At least last season all were winable late in the games while we all waited for the train wreck to happen. It was extremely frustrating losing so many games because of incredibly stupid mistakes!

Would be real nice to have some games safely put away by the end of the 3rd quarter but I'm not holding my breath!
I got to this point last season. I watched very little live action NU last year. I have better things to do on Saturday afternoons than watch Frost piss games down his trouser leg. I'll start watching again when I see organized, well-coached, quality football results.

Come at me with your best. I could give two squirts what kind of "fan" I am.

I got to this point last season. I watched very little live action NU last year. I have better things to do on Saturday afternoons than watch Frost piss games down his trouser leg. I'll start watching again when I see organized, well-coached, quality football results.

Come at me with your best. I could give two squirts what kind of "fan" I am.
I would never criticize any Husker fan for not watching the debacle that's been going on for way to long with Nebraska football. My brother lives in Michigan and was a dedicated fan that finally gave up and said I'll watch if I don't have something better to do. That sums up a lot of Husker fans imo which frankly is well deserved based on the programs performance. Difficult to stay positive after 5 consecutive losing seasons!!!!!

I'm somewhat optimistic going into this season and hope it's not another huge let down.

I would never criticize any Husker fan for not watching the debacle that's been going on for way to long with Nebraska football. My brother lives in Michigan and was a dedicated fan that finally gave up and said I'll watch if I don't have something better to do. That sums up a lot of Husker fans imo which frankly is well deserved based on the programs performance. Difficult to stay positive after 5 consecutive losing seasons!!!!!

I'm somewhat optimistic going into this season and hope it's not another huge let down.
agree...and just to clarify, I wasn't directing the last line at you, just those in the peanut gallery that will undoubtedly question what kind of fan would be backing away.

No problem! We've known each other (on line) for more years then I care to remember! :Lol:

Do you think that part of the conference reshuffling could result in some of the conferences saying buh-bye to current conference members?

Could NU be vulnerable?

Our lack of AAU membership, our COVID dust up, our general treatment as an outsider?

It’s hard to fathom but I’m sure the conference bylaws would allow for expulsion within certain conditions.

Our 20 years of football irrelevance is not helping in that regard also. What do you think?
Back to Big 12 member. Bye-bye B1G.

Musical chair game

Do you think that part of the conference reshuffling could result in some of the conferences saying buh-bye to current conference members?

Could NU be vulnerable?

Our lack of AAU membership, our COVID dust up, our general treatment as an outsider?

It’s hard to fathom but I’m sure the conference bylaws would allow for expulsion within certain conditions.

Our 20 years of football irrelevance is not helping in that regard also. What do you think?
Uh, No! The B10 needs NU. We played MI, MI State, WI and IA within 7 points or less last year. I want ND, Stanford, Oregon and WA to the B10.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back