• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Concern in Lincoln over the sellout streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seats high in the North EZ. I also got seats in the new East expansion this year. I will never sit in the North EZ again. The access to the seats, concessions and restrooms in the East is exceptional. If I don't find someone to sell the North seats to, the University will be getting them back

I have seats high in the North EZ. I also got seats in the new East expansion this year. I will never sit in the North EZ again. The access to the seats, concessions and restrooms in the East is exceptional. If I don't find someone to sell the North seats to, the University will be getting them back

I sat in the East expansion for the Northwestern game and in the North endzone section 40 for Michigan State. No comparison at all. The leg room in the east expansion is what sold me on that area plus the ease to get to the concessions and the restrooms. I don't get to many games due to my buy schedule in the fall. However, I will only buy seats in the new expansion using Stubhub from now on.

I've always felt that with the stadium expansion the university chose dollars over the streak.

If all the expansion was an increase in seats, I might agree with you.

The East expansion (as opposed to the North expansion) was much more about an entire upper East stadium upgrade, plus several floors of athletic research.

Recall the East expansion only added 3,000 seats IIRC

My thoughts exactly, by making the East stadium seats so convenient, it makes the high North seats so much less desirable

Never having been a season ticket holder, it blows my mind that they demand (and get) a donation above and beyond the face value of the ticket. I guess it works for them, and it amazes me.

Not all seats require your firstborn. I've had season tics since 1989 (and it took me 10-12 years writing for those) in the south end zone nose bleed section and these have never required a donation. If I wanted an upgrade even 30 rows down, it would cost a donation.

I think the latest expansion may have tipped the supply/demand scale. Actually, ever since the north stadium expansion, I have never got the impression that getting into Memorial Stadium was tough or crazy expensive, even for big games. What I would like to see them do is work on making the stadium more comfortable. Widen seats, add seatbacks, widen aisles so my knees are not jamming into the guy in front of me, ect. I think if they got capacity down to around 78k- 80k, you would see Memorial become a tough ticket again.

Another thing that has changed in the past 20 years is every game is now on TV and in HD. To think that does not have an impact in demand when you consider the total cost of going to 7-8 games a year you are kidding yourself.

Last edited:

Couple thoughts on the donation thing. I think we can all agree that football feeds the athletic department, but how to go about that is the question. In Nebraska if you are a non profit organization or low income person you can get part/all of your property tax waived which amounts to several thousand per waiver which totals a lot of money that the state/county needs to make up somewhere else, so other peoples taxes are higher than need be to cover those people/groups, who even though use the same services, don't pay for them. If everyone paid, taxes would be lower. How does that apply to football:

1) If everyone paid a donation they could feasibly lower the required donation for everyone else. That won't happen because if you want better seats then you donate more. More money, better seats. Seems fair.

2) No donation for anyone and tack on an extra $25 to $30 per ticket making the face value $70-$80 bucks instead of $56. How you decide who gets the better seats, is a good guess.

Remember some business/people who donate get to take a 80% tax deduction (on the donation only) and they need that.

I don't know what is right for everyone but the system they have in place seems fair. The more money you give the better seats you get. If you don't want to pay the money either wait outside till kickoff or watch at home (which isn't a bad idea sometimes).

Last edited:
Not all seats require your firstborn. I've had season tics since 1989 (and it took me 10-12 years writing for those) in the south end zone nose bleed section and these have never required a donation. If I wanted an upgrade even 30 rows down, it would cost a donation.

It's pretty rare to get seats without a donation, but it does sometimes happen. However, once you make that initial donation to get your seats, they'll never let you keep them without the donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back