• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Competition

Cvillehusker

stranded in Boilermaker country
5 Year Member
Said this in another Post in response to question about whether Logan Smothers might leave if QB brought in from portal. No player on this team should feel they deserve to be free from Competition. This is a 3 win team either Improve and COMPETE for your job or step aside for your Replacement.Coaches included

Smothers is coaches kid and I don't see him backing down from competition. I believe he would understand the need to have all the players we can have at any position

I agree with everything you just said. However, if he doesn’t feel that he will get a fair shake during an open competition…he might consider leaving if he truly wants to play. He might have to move down a level to play.

I hope he stays and continues to represent the program on/off the field.

I agree with everything you just said. However, if he doesn’t feel that he will get a fair shake during an open competition…he might consider leaving if he truly wants to play. He might have to move down a level to play.

I hope he stays and continues to represent the program on/off the field.
Any player that believes they aren't getting a FAIR SHAKE should leave imo. Why bother if everyone isn't treated equally when it comes competing for a starting position. Younger players understand but after a couple of years sitting a QB might believe he's not seeing the field unless there's an injury. Smothers has to understand if AM leaves Frost must bring in another QB that can play immediately. I sure hope he sticks it out and competes for the starting job.

Smothers is not the QB of the future. he has turnover rate of 2 per game. At that rate he’ll set turnover records. He has touch but arm strength seems lacking. But after 1 game one he had 2 costly turnovers. Hope the stable has more horses as we will need a upgrade at this position

Any player that believes they aren't getting a FAIR SHAKE should leave imo. Why bother if everyone isn't treated equally when it comes competing for a starting position. Younger players understand but after a couple of years sitting a QB might believe he's not seeing the field unless there's an injury. Smothers has to understand if AM leaves Frost must bring in another QB that can play immediately. I sure hope he sticks it out and competes for the starting job.
Agree with you and will add

Believe the only chance LS leaves is if AM returns and he believes he won’t get a fair shake from SF.

yesterday’s game demonstrated that SF pronouncement that AM was clearly the best qb was either a lie or just another gross miscalculation

Smothers is not the QB of the future. he has turnover rate of 2 per game. At that rate he’ll set turnover records. He has touch but arm strength seems lacking. But after 1 game one he had 2 costly turnovers. Hope the stable has more horses as we will need a upgrade at this position
Small sample size and Frost limited the gameplan. Give him all spring and summer with new coaches and then we will see.

Agree with you and will add

Believe the only chance LS leaves is if AM returns and he believes he won’t get a fair shake from SF.

yesterday’s game demonstrated that SF pronouncement that AM was clearly the best qb was either a lie or just another gross miscalculation
AM has to recover from shoulder surgery first.

Said this in another Post in response to question about whether Logan Smothers might leave if QB brought in from portal. No player on this team should feel they deserve to be free from Competition. This is a 3 win team either Improve and COMPETE for your job or step aside for your Replacement.Coaches included
About says it all.Keep the faith.GBR.

So one game is all a kid gets these days?

Tough crowd.

It’s it amazing with a turnover machine named AM a first game starter is washed up

BTW, PFF decided that the WR messed up and did not charge LS FOR THE INTERCEPTION

So he had one chargeable turnover and that one I guarantee he would Not duplicate in 12 games

If I read the coverage right, the wideout did cut the route off and should have run a post, so I agree with PFF.

If I read the coverage right, the wideout did cut the route off and should have run a post, so I agree with PFF.
Honestly I’m glad this interception wasn’t just a horrible pass. Still not goving LS a total pass

but those who want to criticize LS need to be mindful that AM averages 1.2 turnovers across 41 games and is just as bad in year four as year one

Logan did a good job on his first outing with maybe two quarters of previous experience

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back