• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Comparable schools and the coaches they ended up with last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBallGuy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
With people throwing out crazy names of people they are dreaming about for the NU job IF it becomes available I couldn't help but think "these people must be smoking pot with Carl." Some of the expectations of established head coaches are crazy.

So I decided to look at last years coaching carosel and examine comparable programs to see who we could reliable get.

Tennessee got Butch Jones
Auburn got Gus Malzon
Arkansas got Bret Beliema
Cincinati got Tommy Tubberville
NC State got Dave Doeren
Oregon got their own OC
Wisconsin got Gary Andersen

The only program who got an established head coaches from BCS programs was Arkansas Cincinnati. Some of those schools got people already associated with their school (Auburn and Oregon). Some got mid major coaches (Wisconsin, Tennessee, NC State).

I just think it might be a good idea to consider where our program is and remember that UT and USC will also be hiring coaches. Some of the big names we have thrown out are a little far fetched for us.

Who do you think is the best hire on that list? The worst?

Personally I thought Arkansas and Cincinnati got the best deal at the time because they got established BCS coaches. I thought Oregon and Auburn could really struggle. So far I am wrong about 3 of those coaches.

I think Andersen is the best hire, he is a really good coach.
Worst hire? It could end up being the two "established" coaches, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back