• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado to the BIG?

Assuming that we don't go full-nuclear and condense everything into a 2-conference super league, I'd be okay with the B1G considering Colorado, Washington, Oregon and USC. It would effectively make the league bi-coastal and essentially box the SEC in, a bit. The southern US still has the best concentration of teams and I wouldn't be surprised to see Clemson, FSU and Miami make a push for the Super SEC.

Locking down Notre Dame and USC would be a pretty big boost for the Big Ten and also help us shore up west coast recruitment. The south still produces a lot of football kids, but California and Arizona do too.
I would be for adding CU but not the other 3. I don't understand why anyone would want 3 other teams that have had more success over the last 15 years. The B8 did it right. Put some good teams in your confrence and some cup cakes.

What if we got them all? That’s six teams, four pods of five teams. That would kind of cool.
And how in the hell, are/would they crown a champion of just the conference, let alone the NC? I mean, it would add yet another game. Then again, they are semi professional now, so may as well make them earn it!

And how in the hell, are/would they crown a champion of just the conference, let alone the NC? I mean, it would add yet another game. Then again, they are semi professional now, so may as well make them earn it!
It’s just one of the crap ton of rumors floating around. The other rumor getting a lot of talk is Michigan, Ohio St, Clemson, and Florida St. to the SeC. If you’re on the west coast you have to consider that there possibly could be something to the rumors. They are panicking and don’t want to be left out. Something will eventually happen. What is the question and is Nebraska included? I think the PAC stuff makes a lot of sense for the preservation of college football.

I would be for adding CU but not the other 3. I don't understand why anyone would want 3 other teams that have had more success over the last 15 years. The B8 did it right. Put some good teams in your confrence and some cup cakes.

It worked really well for NU and OU for years, but it doesn’t lead to a high volume of marquee matchups that provide leverage for TV contracts. It’s the world we’re in now.

Well seeing we can’t find another acceptable rival in the BiG. Sure why not

B1G conference championship playoff. 4 teams, 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. conference squeezes in another championship game payday.

Last edited:

So, conferences that identify themselves by the number of teams in the conference (B1G, PAC12, Big12, etc..), need to be dissolved because the numbers just are false. I propose the SEC, NEC, NWC, and SWC. All division 1 teams fall into one of those 4 and then divisions within each conference. Each division would produce playoff teams in a format TBD and played until we have a national champion. Maybe a champion from each of the 4 conferences and 1 at large bid for each conference, or something along those lines. There could also be playoff additions from the second tier teams as well. I don't know. Just thinking out loud here.
Except with the addition of OU and TX to the South EASTERN Conference, directional conference names don't work either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back