• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Colorado Springs Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskers Fury

Recruit
10 Year Member
I live in Colorado Springs and my girlfriend and I were evacuated yesterday when the fire jumped the mountain and it got nasty quick. We don't know if our Condo is still standing. The fire is in our area and it's pretty crazy. If there are others on here from the area we are feeling for you as well! Pray for our firefighters working their asses off and Go Big Red!

I live in Colorado Springs and my girlfriend and I were evacuated yesterday when the fire jumped the mountain and it got nasty quick. We don't know if our Condo is still standing. The fire is in our area and it's pretty crazy. If there are others on here from the area we are feeling for you as well! Pray for our firefighters working their asses off and Go Big Red!

My property is west of Boulder, but several canyons north of the Flatirons fire. We are not under any pre-evac notices yet, but it is my understanding the fire is not at all contained, so who knows?.

My thoughts are with you and yours, Fury. The Springs is really, really getting hit hard. Be safe and best of luck.

Tons of prayers for the Colorado people. I have a brother & his wife, their son and best friend's family out there. May God watch over all of you....

Prayers for you and your neighbors Fury. It is a wicked situation and the winds just complicate matters.

Thinking of you and hoping for the best. A good friend who use to be on the NU staff now lives out there...he says it's quite an upheaval for a lot of people. Stay safe!

This is why it is easy to spot Husker fans. We are able to pluck them from the fire saying Go Big Red!

Best of luck to you and yours.

I'm up on Boulder, Fury. Saw what happened and is happening down your way. Really awful. I will hope for the best for you and your neighbors.

And Go Big Red!

Last edited:

be safe, lots of friends in the Springs. Very, very dangerous out there and no end in sight. Pray for the firefighters and that no more people lose a life over this tragedy.

Unreal what has happened down there. We're 50 miles to the north, and we could see the plume just explode yesterday afternoon. Glad you made it out, and I hope your place is intact.

hope y'all got insurance.

Luckily we do. As of right now by looking at maps it is just outside of the fire but within a 1/4 or less. No idea if it's contained around that area or not so should know more in the next day or 2. If the winds would just die down it would help a ton.

News photos don't do justice to the intensity and explosive power of this fire. One of my former college roommates sent me this photo this morning. Falcon Stadium is in the foreground.
2012 Academy Fire 2.jpg

Our condo is located not very far from those red rocks on the ridge. Thats what was happening when I ran from home to load some things up and get out of there. Within an hour there was smoke and ash falling all over at our complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back