• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado names Dion Sanders Head Coach

I don't have a problem with it per se - it is up to the coach to know what is going to motivate players - or to keep players in line. I don't know the particular dynamics of this situation that made him decide to do it. Does he film all his kicking off the team events? These things are judgement calls. Deion is definitely the celebrity coach of the moment and it is fascinating because he is so very different than any other coach at the P5 level. I think everyone is curious 1. to see what he is going to do next; and, 2. Will this work at a P5 school. Time will tell. Losing brings a different kind of scrutiny/pressure - winning will be validation.

But we haven't talked about Colorado this much in 20 years. they are getting millions in free publicity.

Deion just landed the #4 prospect overall
in safety Cormani McClain, who is a 5*, #1 rated safety. He flipped from Miami. Seems he liked the snow angels. Lol.

I don't have a problem with it per se - it is up to the coach to know what is going to motivate players - or to keep players in line. I don't know the particular dynamics of this situation that made him decide to do it. Does he film all his kicking off the team events? These things are judgement calls. Deion is definitely the celebrity coach of the moment and it is fascinating because he is so very different than any other coach at the P5 level. I think everyone is curious 1. to see what he is going to do next; and, 2. Will this work at a P5 school. Time will tell. Losing brings a different kind of scrutiny/pressure - winning will be validation.

But we haven't talked about Colorado this much in 20 years. they are getting millions in free publicity.
Haven’t talked about Nebraska in nearly a decade. If not for Bo, NU would be right there with Colorado.

in safety Cormani McClain, who is a 5*, #1 rated safety. He flipped from Miami. Seems he liked the snow angels. Lol.

So only 1 five star in awhile? ;)

Last edited:

Whether people like or agree with his methods, those who choose to write Deion off do so at their own risk. There's no guarantee that he will win big at CU, but what he has done recruiting and hiring a well-credentialed staff should not be ignored.

Finished #3 in 1971
NU #1 ; OU #2; CU #3 - Probably never see a 1,2,3 from the same conference again in the final rankings.
Especially an 8 team conference. #3 lost only to ##1 & 2, #2 lost only to #1.

( though I suppose the SEC might get 3 or 4 teams to the final four of a 12 team playoff and do it that way)

Last edited:

This thread has proven to me Colorado owns Nebraska.

There are new coaches at schools across the country every year. Sometimes even at schools we play every year. Yet none have ever gotten even a tenth a the discussion the new CU coach has. I would think Luke Fickell would draw ten times the discussion Sanders does -- but nope. Heck, Fickell's coaching resume resume far surpasses that of the coach at Colorado. .

I personally don't care what happens in Boulder. May care more if they were to join the Big Ten. Until then, I will no longer refer to the CU coach by name. That's the treatment Colorado deserves. Sal is dead -- Go Big Red.

This thread has proven to me Colorado owns Nebraska.

There are new coaches at schools across the country every year. Sometimes even at schools we play every year. Yet none have ever gotten even a tenth a the discussion the new CU coach has. I would think Luke Fickell would draw ten times the discussion Sanders does -- but nope. Heck, Fickell's coaching resume resume far surpasses that of the coach at Colorado. .

I personally don't care what happens in Boulder. May care more if they were to join the Big Ten. Until then, I will no longer refer to the CU coach by name. That's the treatment Colorado deserves. Sal is dead -- Go Big Red.
Alrighty then....

Recorded kicking one player off the team. Just my opinion, but for more reasons than I can begin to type, I think this was a “prime” example of poor leadership. Does he want their fear or their respect? Watch their faces and body language.

Pretty amazing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back