• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

College World Series Contest

CWS game Wednesday

Vanderbilt vs North Carolina (7 pm EDT on ESPN2 or ESPN3.com) - elimination game

Last edited:
I agree with you Bob. I hate them more than anyone living here and having to deal with the over the top fans as I have to argue with them all the time, but when not talking to them i admit they find a way to always get there wins.....lucky yes, but good teams make their own luck sometimes.

P-ville, as Zac Brown says, "Life is good today"!! :)

Apologies to HUSKER 4 EVER, but during the rain delay I updated your standings. Please check my math.

Standings after day two

1. carrolltonsker............32
1. Ackos......................32
1. ThotDoc...................32
4. McJack....................31
5. HUSKER 4 EVER.........30
6. p-ville husker............29
7. Husker Chico............26
8. Glendale Husker........22
9. CrnhskrBob..............18
10. 68sker..................16
11. mjohnson................6
11. huskerbornnbreed....6

No problem ThotDoc Math loos correct to me. Thanks for updating them.

i see I have started my annual trek down the standings :lol:

With my luck I will finish in 8th like I did in the regular season :Biggrin:

Below are the current standings along with each person's bracket winner picks. Won't be much change among the leaders but McJack and P-ville could make some noise if their teams come through. Eliminated teams in red

1. carrolltonsker............32.......Fla and Va
1. Ackos......................32.......Fla and Va
1. ThotDoc...................32.......Fla and Va
4. McJack....................31........Vandy and SoCar
5. HUSKER 4 EVER.........30......Fla and Va
6. p-ville husker............29.......No Car and So Car
7. Husker Chico............26.......Tex and Va
8. Glendale Husker........22.......Vandy and Va
9. CrnhskrBob..............18........Fla and Va
10. 68sker..................16.........No Car and Va
11. mjohnson................6........No Car and TexAM
11. huskerbornnbreed....6 .......No Car and Va

Last edited:
Here is the CWS schedule through Saturday

Wednesday
Vanderbilt vs North Carolina (7 pm EDT on ESPN2 or ESPN3.com) - elimination game

Thursday
Virginia vs California (7 pm EDT on ESPN2 or ESPN3.com) - elimination game

Friday
Florida vs Vandy/No Carolina winner (2 pm EDT on ESPN or ESPN3.com) - elimination game for NC or Vandy
So Carolina vs Virginia/Cal winner (7 pm EDT on ESPN or ESPN3.com) - elimination game for Va or Cal

Saturday games are "if necessary" and will be at 2 pm for a game involving Florida (on ESPN) and 7 pm for a game involving So Carolina (on ESPN2)

Last edited:
Below are the current standings along with each person's bracket winner picks. Won't be much change among the leaders but McJack and P-ville could make some noise if their teams come through. Eliminated teams in red

1. carrolltonsker............32.......Fla and Va
1. Ackos......................32.......Fla and Va
1. ThotDoc...................32.......Fla and Va
4. McJack....................31........Vandy and SoCar
5. HUSKER 4 EVER.........30......Fla and Va
6. p-ville husker............29.......No Car and So Car
7. Husker Chico............26.......Tex and Va
8. Glendale Husker........22.......Vandy and Va
9. CrnhskrBob..............18........Fla and Va
10. 68sker..................16.........No Car and Va
11. mjohnson................6........No Car and TexAM
11. huskerbornnbreed....6 .......No Car and Va

South Carolina looks like a pretty good choice at this point. McJack may leapfrog all of us.

South Carolina looks like a pretty good choice at this point. McJack may leapfrog all of us.

No kidding. Right now, I have to root that Florida will beat either NC or Vandy (so the Fla pts balance out McJack's and p-ville's possible So Car points).

Tonight's Vandy/No Car game will put a hurt on either McJack or P-ville.

If someone would have had the foresight to pick Florida and So Carolina, they would really be in the driver's seat right now.

Last edited:
No kidding. Right now, I have to root that Florida will beat either NC or Vandy (so the Fla pts balance out McJack's and p-ville's possible So Car points).

If someone would have had the foresight to pick Florida and So Carolina, they would really be in the driver's seat right now.

I really didn't think South Carolina would go back-to-back. But they look very formidable right now.

I will probably be hurt tonight.....but come to thank of it I think I took Florida. ;) ;) :)

I really didn't think South Carolina would go back-to-back. But they look very formidable right now.

Don't know why, but I should have had more faith in S.C., myself. If Or St could do it, why not S.C???? Must not have been awake, at the time? :lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back