• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked College Football Landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Nebraska stayed dominant, we wouldn't have been running away from Texas. No need to runaway, as without the championships and wins over the Huskers, they wouldn't have as much pull. Our implosion allowed Texas to gain it's power

You are correct, Sir.

Good. It is always better to slide under the radar. And you definitely do NOT want to move to Colorado. It is a terrible place to live. Tell your friends.

yeah they have these large hills that run through the state, what an eye sore.

colorado would have jumped ship regardless. I agree.

Going back to the story of NU. NU was irritated with big 12 but it was the CU & UM rumors that brought the little bird to whisper in Pearlman's ear. Once the offer was on the table, NU was doneski.

A&M never leaves the big 12 if NU doesnt. UM seemed to want to leave for the BIG.

I don't think NU winning or losing was an issue here. The issue was CU and UM looking to leave. Rumors had Texas looking elsewhere. NU leaving was about 1) protecting its future and that equates to money.

yeah they have these large hills that run through the state, what an eye sore. Agree! How are you supposed to grow corn there? And I can't see anything for those darn hills in the way.

colorado would have jumped ship regardless. I agree. Agree.

Going back to the story of NU. NU was irritated with big 12 but it was the CU & UM rumors that brought the little bird to whisper in Pearlman's ear. Once the offer was on the table, NU was doneski.

A&M never leaves the big 12 if NU doesnt. UM seemed to want to leave for the BIG. Agree.

I don't think NU winning or losing was an issue here. The issue was CU and UM looking to leave. Rumors had Texas looking elsewhere. NU leaving was about 1) protecting its future and that equates to money.

the Big 8 schools took in the four orphaned SWC schools. At that point, they agreed to join the conference, under the Big 8 rules. Within 6 months, UT was starting to push for changes (Prop 48, headquarters, CCG). UT got their way on all these issues.

IMO, the biggest contributing factor to NU's leaving the conference was poor leadership from the commissioners. There was never a sense of unity in the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back