• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

College Football Executives Considering Four Changes To Shorten Games

College games are brutal to watch live. Thank God for TIVO. I cut an hour and half off of the Huskers games just by skipping commercials and the long halftime. All these changes are welcome, they really need to limit long game stoppages for TV timeouts. Look to the NFL for time management!

College games are brutal to watch live. Thank God for TIVO. I cut an hour and half off of the Huskers games just by skipping commercials and the long halftime. All these changes are welcome, they really need to limit long game stoppages for TV timeouts. Look to the NFL for time management!
Good post except for the bolded. When I'm at the game I like to watch the band perform. That alone is a great college tradition and they are students, too. Let it be long, the players could use the rest anyway.

Commercials and commercial time-outs are mind numbing. If watching a game at home, i am sure to put on weight. Games other than the Huskers, I lose interest. I bounce around to several games and end up on a western. The only thing worse is watching a game in person.. The crowd goes quiet, except for the guy endlessly complaining from play to play. The commercial break gives him more time to do what he does. If I am at the game, I sit and watch the players who just stand there. Im not sure but I believe they stack all the commercials up at the beginning of each half. You watch 20 commercials in the first 10 minutes, or watch players just standing around, for what can be 6 or 7 minutes, then they play the 2nd and 4th quarters at what should be normal speed for the entire game. I don't mind the commercials that play during the game or in the corner. Maybe they could do more of that. Just like here, I don't pay them any attention if i can click on the X or it is off to the side. Looking around the screen now I see, "Amazon gut heath stuff", one for "dispatch health" and one for "Wildlife get easy exit in Canada". Don't the computer tracking folks know my Mother in law died and I don't hunt Canada. Hmmm, there is a "Dare to Dream" ad. I think Ill click on that - got to go.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back