• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Colin Cowherd: Huskers aren't title contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like him, tells it like it is, until NU wins a conference title, been way to long, he is not out of line,

Same clown that mouthed off when we hired HCMR

Meh. Again, hate his delivery and do think he's a clown but have to say I don't feel like much of what he said is false at this point in time. Nebraska is in fact not a top 10 coaching gig when it comes to the entire package.

Last edited:
Just like Iowa last year, it's hard to argue with him. We haven't exactly demolished teams that a top ten team should demolish and we haven't played any world-beaters yet. Sure, we'll know more about where we really are the next two weeks, but for right now I'm agreeing with Colin.
Totally agree. The funny thing is that it is the FANS that are clamoring that we get no respect. The players understand...it is 1 game at a time! We just need to win the next Saturday...then the game the Saturday after that....then the next game, etc, etc. The next 2 weeks will show us who NU is!

Luckily he is just a tool with a dorky sweater and a microphone. The college football playoff committee probably places as much stock in his opinion as they place in the opinion of Clucko the Chicken.
I actually like him more than most of these talking heads. He absolutely went off on Iowa last year but is showing us respect, even with disagreeing that we are title contenders. He was pretty "soft" in his critique of us. If you don't believe me, go check out one of his shows about Iowa last year!!:Rolf:

Saying we are a title contender because we are undefeated is a stretch. Have we been eliminated from contending for a NC? Nope...we are undefeated. Think about a boxer working his way up the ranks. Just because he is undefeated doesn't mean he gets a shot at the champion. He has to beat respected fighters first before he will be considered a title contender. Our bouts against respected fighters comes in the next two weeks. Then we will be considered a top contender, if we win.

If we want respect we need to beat Wisconsin or Ohio State. Win both and we are a national contender. Win one we will earn respect . Win zero and we drop.

No matter what happens, I hope our guys fight like hell. I really like watching them battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back