• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching Staff Changes & Tracker

should do a similar thread for players leaving. on3 guys were having heavy discussion that nelson could leave.

My personal feeling is that we don't necessarily want a sticky thread about that. Players departing, as inevitable as it is, is kind of a downer and drag. Not saying it doesn't warrant discussion, just questioning how bright a light we should be shining on it. A sticky thread, IMO is a bit too much for that topic. That said, I wish nothing but the best for any players who choose to depart.

If there is strong consensus for a sticky thread on the topic of departing players, we can revisit.

Nebraska Staff Tracker (2022-23)
Thanks for posting this.

The article shows Corey Campbell as "Head S&C," but does anyone know if that has been confirmed? Some others have commented or speculated that he will be an assistant to Jeremy Scott.

Links to university announcements?

That's the bar I'm thinking of using before moving someone up from REPORTED to CONFIRMED.
Well Casey Thompson yesterday in an interview said “I also had a chance to meet with the new DB coach Cooper and the new strength coach to talk about their philosophies”

Well Casey Thompson yesterday in an interview said “I also had a chance to meet with the new DB coach Cooper and the new strength coach to talk about their philosophies”
Well, that matches my philosophy here. It's been "reported" (media), but not "confirmed" (university announcement). So... Cooper is listed under the "reported" group. Am I missing something?

My predictions:
Bill Busch- back to analyst role
Mickey Joseph- AHC, quarterbacks coach if he doesn't get a head coaching offer
Sean Beckton- Tight end coach (this one I hesitated on, but I think his Florida/Georgia connections keep him here)
Bryan Applewhite- RB coach
all others out.
No information just guesses.
Your logic is sound - mostly revolves around recruiting I'm guessing. But reading about Rhule and how he likes to do things, if you're not familiar with his methods it may be a difficult fit for you. Sam M. reported Mickey wanted a pretty hefty raise which is telling where his head is at - if true. I think Mickey gets a head coaching job at FCS school. Busch is the most likely to stay and adapt. I actually hope you are correct about all 4.

Your logic is sound - mostly revolves around recruiting I'm guessing. But reading about Rhule and how he likes to do things, if you're not familiar with his methods it may be a difficult fit for you. Sam M. reported Mickey wanted a pretty hefty raise which is telling where his head is at - if true. I think Mickey gets a head coaching job at FCS school. Busch is the most likely to stay and adapt. I actually hope you are correct about all 4.
I'd like to see Mickey and Busch stay. Not looking good for Busch given new ST hire. Not sure I could see him being new DC. If you give Mickey a $1M salary, it might keep him from taking an FCS job. Busch would stay for any salary.

Ed Foley is listed on footballscoop.com as coming

You're probably right, but I only have three plus an analyst so not too far off. I read somewhere Busch was going to stay in Lincoln no matter what, so I figured they may as well use him.
I think Busch did a great job and I'd like to see him stay in some capacity. I wonder if Foley is going to come as Special Teams or in some other role. Busch isn't going to be retained as DC, but I could see him going back to ST role. Analyst seems like a significant step back, but maybe he would be game for that.

Mickey seems like the other logical keeper, but will he want to stay and will the cost to keep him be too much?

The fact that Rhule had yet to talk to the current staff, as of the press conference, indicates to me that: a) the staff decisions aren't solidified yet and b) he is likely going to fill a majority of the roles externally. I think he is going to make the staff decisions quickly and focus his efforts on retaining current players and recruiting new ones.

I'd like to see Mickey and Busch stay. Not looking good for Busch given new ST hire. Not sure I could see him being new DC. If you give Mickey a $1M salary, it might keep him from taking an FCS job. Busch would stay for any salary.
Which assistant position or positions do you think should suffer to get Mickey to $1M?

Which assistant position or positions do you think should suffer to get Mickey to $1M?
Any of those reported so far appear to be based upon previous experience working with Rhule rather than actual accomplishments. So any of those.

I'm sure the $7mil isn't set in stone and would be increased by up to half a mil to get the guys Rhule wants. Hope they are also increasing the size and $ for support staff as well, analysts, recruiting support, etc......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back