• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching search....

Here are a few I’d at least reach out to:

Dana Altman
Greg Marshall
Fred Hoiberg
Greg McDermott
Connie York (Joking)

Lots of those guys work out. Fran McCaffrey at Iowa, for example, and I'm not even sure that he scored an upset to put on the resume.

Maybe he actually earned it over the long haul,not with just an upset. But also, fans haven't been that happy with him at times have they? I guess my point is you never know on those types, it's a crap shoot.

If we were to hire someone who has been fired........I hope we do a thorough investigation into what was so previously combustible before commiting to the hiring of a past firing.

I think it would be much easier to fix the current problem than to start from square 1 again. That hasn't worked well for the almost 60 years that I have been following the team. But maybe we will catch lightning in a bottle this time. :rolleyes:
Never used to believe the "tough to recruit to Nebraska" thing, but I am starting to realize it's a thing. I don't think replacing Miles will help much. But what do I know? At this point, I'm thinking the best way to get recruits on campus involves chloroform and rags.

Never used to believe the "tough to recruit to Nebraska" thing, but I am starting to realize it's a thing. I don't think replacing Miles will help much. But what do I know? At this point, I'm thinking the best way to get recruits on campus involves chloroform and rags.
Agree, and again when Miles got the five stars to come visit us, they basically said as much to him. "I had a great visit and it was the best facilities i've seen, but you know i'm not coming here." I'm not trying to be defeated, but not sure what realistic expectations are. So I would prefer someone who has an offense that can be developed with mostly three stars and a few four stars.

On another note, i'm not on the Ty Lue train. But do we favor Hoiberg or Altman? Oregon is sliding mightily.

Agree, and again when Miles got the five stars to come visit us, they basically said as much to him. "I had a great visit and it was the best facilities i've seen, but you know i'm not coming here." I'm not trying to be defeated, but not sure what realistic expectations are. So I would prefer someone who has an offense that can be developed with mostly three stars and a few four stars.

On another note, i'm not on the Ty Lue train. But do we favor Hoiberg or Altman? Oregon is sliding mightily.
There are several I’d be communicating with, and yes, Lue would be one.

I actually think that recruiting has been Miles' strength. He has brought more talent to Lincoln than any of his predecessors. For some reason, we have really underachieved the last month and a half. I don't see much hope for this year, but I still think there is hope for the future. If we start from scratch again, I doubt things will look good again for a long time.

I actually think that recruiting has been Miles' strength. He has brought more talent to Lincoln than any of his predecessors. For some reason, we have really underachieved the last month and a half. I don't see much hope for this year, but I still think there is hope for the future. If we start from scratch again, I doubt things will look good again for a long time.
Well, if we got the talent on hand for the future, a better coaching staff for actual game planning could be what the doctor ordered

His transfer recruiting has been really good. High school recruiting, while better than Doc and Barry, is still somewhat questionable.

Lue wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’d definitely be an option. Of course, I doubt he would come here. I would take Hoiberg over Altman. Nebraska would be very fortunate to get Dana but I think there’s some bad blood there. Would he be interested? I would want to hear his recruiting plan because I think he may struggle that here. Xs & Os though, he’s really good.

Nobody seems to be discussing player development under Miles. I can't really seem to recall many players that were better 2 years after they go into the program. Between Watson, pre-injury Copeland, Palmer and Roby do any of them look better than last year?

Nobody seems to be discussing player development under Miles. I can't really seem to recall many players that were better 2 years after they go into the program. Between Watson, pre-injury Copeland, Palmer and Roby do any of them look better than last year?

When I think of better, I don’t limit it to the physical, because some of our guys do look physically better. The places you need to see the improvement, at least from a coaching perspective, is:

-in the system (fewer mistakes, better looks at the basket, better defensive position).

-from mechanics and fundamentals (improved shooting form, rebounding position, percentages, TO to Assist ratio, recognition of opponents offense and defense).

From this standpoint, I’m not seeing the improvement I would expect. Some schools are challenged in this as well, but players are usually only there a year or two. This should be an area we see notable improvement, but we don’t.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back