• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching... Coaching... Coaching...

I would prefer a better overall record as well, but it feels like people are still upset about the Illinois loss. There's a lot of inconsistency in this fan base from week to week.
This coaching staff presides over continuous turnovers, penalties, mental mistakes and outright incompetence

am I upset about Illinois loss yes but no more so the the s show frost has produced for last three years

We played a ranked team to within one possession. Yeah, we'd all prefer a win, but was it THAT bad?
[/
QUOTE]

When you’ve lost as much as we have in three years + it is.....regardless of a one score game etc..Isn’t it?

But I’m heading to bed now because I can’t do anything about it, I don’t have the answers, and I’m totally exhausted, defeated, and frustrated. And I, along with basically everyone else on this board, coaching staff etc. obviously don’t appear to have the answers either.

In the words of Annie, “ The sun will come up tomorrow....”

I hope...

[QUOTE="huskrthill, post: 4744100, member: 290" My patience isn't what it was, but I'm still not going to lose my mind over where we are right now.
[/QUOTE]
I’ll do it enough for both of us....

In fairness, they were helped out a lot by a very inaccurate QB. Iowa could have had a lot more offense if their QB hits wide open receivers and they do not have a couple dropped passes. I agree that the D played pretty well against the run, but the pass defense is really not very good.
And this will be a HUGE problem against Purdue next week. Our defense usually plays reasonably well against Iowa and NW because of the type of offense that those teams run. We couldn't even beat Purdue last year when they were without Moore and were playing a 3rd string QB. I'm not looking forward to next week.

And this will be a HUGE problem against Purdue next week. Our defense usually plays reasonably well against Iowa and NW because of the type of offense that those teams run. We couldn't even beat Purdue last year when they were without Moore and were playing a 3rd string QB. I'm not looking forward to next week.

I agree. Everybody on this board seems to love coach Fisher because of all the 4 stars he recruits, but when it comes to pass defense they are sadly lacking. Though, to be fair much of the problem stems from the lack of an effective pass rush, which is outside Fisher's control. Personally, I would love to get Marvin Sanders back. When he was here we had the best defensive backs in the country. That dude can teach kids how to cover.

I agree. Everybody on this board seems to love coach Fisher because of all the 4 stars he recruits, but when it comes to pass defense they are sadly lacking. Though, to be fair much of the problem stems from the lack of an effective pass rush, which is outside Fisher's control. Personally, I would love to get Marvin Sanders back. When he was here we had the best defensive backs in the country. That dude can teach kids how to cover.
Abuse the receivers for the first 5 yards, throws timing off, allows line to get pressure, causes turnovers. Agree a 100%. Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen. I looked him up, he's coaching DB's at the Dallas renegades under...Bob Stoops

Last edited:
I would expect some perspective given our situation. The drumbeat to fire coaches after 2 1/2 seasons - during a pandemic in which we wouldn't even be playing if not for their leadership - is idiotic.

People can be frustrated and angry. I am. But calling for firings right now? Maybe there are better ways to express the frustrations.
Who has said it’s time to fire? I haven’t really seen anyone saying that. Not that it hasn’t happened.

If Iowa State can become relevant so can we. Frost will be here through next year for sure, so we need to accept that. Getting rid of some of the assistants is however a very doable thing. Failure to fire assistant coaches in the past has doomed head coaches. Some very difficult and sobering decisions need to be made during the off season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back