• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching... Coaching... Coaching...

I appreciate your point of view, but do you really think we are any better this year than last year, or the year before?
In some areas, yes. In other areas, no. Overall, it's hard to make a whole lot of reasonable judgments in a year like this.

I would expect some perspective given our situation. The drumbeat to fire coaches after 2 1/2 seasons - during a pandemic in which we wouldn't even be playing if not for their leadership - is idiotic.

People can be frustrated and angry. I am. But calling for firings right now? Maybe there are better ways to express the frustrations.

Let me just say that I don't want to see him fired and given our history with lack of patience with coaches, I think he should get another year. And I hope against hope that these guys turn it around next year.

I guess my point was more that trying to defend or be positive right now is a complete lost cause. Like trying to stop the sun from rising. The tenure of this staff has been an abject disaster thus far. It's just the reality of the situation.

Let me just say that I don't want to see him fired and given our history with lack of patience with coaches, I think he should get another year. And I hope against hope that these guys turn it around next year.

I guess my point was more that trying to defend or be positive right now is a complete lost cause. Like trying to stop the sun from rising. The tenure of this staff has been an abject disaster thus far. It's just the reality of the situation.
Ok.

Our offensive scheme is prone to inconsistency and mistakes. Something needs to change or it’s gonna be a frustrating 2 more years.
Inconsistency and mistakes have lost us many games including this one, but UCF and McKenzie Milton ran it like a well oiled machine in 2017. As others have mentioned, it is perplexing why we haven't been able to put it together.

I would expect some perspective given our situation. The drumbeat to fire coaches after 2 1/2 seasons - during a pandemic in which we wouldn't even be playing if not for their leadership - is idiotic.

People can be frustrated and angry. I am. But calling for firings right now? Maybe there are better ways to express the frustrations.
We’re all entitled to our opinions, but I think calling any opinion on this matter idiotic is uncalled for.

we are talking about a head coach who has shown 0 development in 3 years, has had heralded talent either leave or underperform for whatever reason, and has shown only regression in his own area of specialty. The only part of his team that has shown improvement Is the one he’s hands off on. Yet, everyone should be okay with that because somehow he’s going to turn it around?

We don’t have to all agree, and that’s ok. No one said there’s no reason to push optimism either. But don’t knock the actual fact based opinions.

We’re all entitled to our opinions, but I think calling any opinion on this matter idiotic is uncalled for.

we are talking about a head coach who has shown 0 development in 3 years, has had heralded talent either leave or underperform for whatever reason, and has shown only regression in his own area of specialty. The only part of his team that has shown improvement Is the one he’s hands off on. Yet, everyone should be okay with that because somehow he’s going to turn it around?

We don’t have to all agree, and that’s ok. No one said there’s no reason to push optimism either. But don’t knock the actual fact based opinions.
Some opinions are idiotic. Not mine, of course. My opinions are always brilliant.

I think the program needs actual victories at this point instead of moral ones
For sure. Wins need to happen. In fact, they needed to happen last year. My patience isn't what it was, but I'm still not going to lose my mind over where we are right now.

Our HC Frost has the right Idea for NU Football. He just doesn't have the support from his coaching staff. We see game in game out the same mistakes, poor technic tackling and field placement. This all point to coaches from those positions NOT doing the job their paid for and seeming to shrug their shoulders and toss players under the bus saying it's their fault. Time for someone to remember this is a business and if your employee isn't not producing, time to let HIM go and bring in someone motivated and willing to make a difference....Just my thoughts

What have the coaches done here to show they are capable of providing a product that is different than what we've seen to this point? And how long do you hang on to coaches who aren't cutting it?

Not saying fire Frost, but none of the assistants should have any sense of job security right now.

I would prefer a better overall record as well, but it feels like people are still upset about the Illinois loss. There's a lot of inconsistency in this fan base from week to week.
Yes there is, and at some point wins are going to have to come. If not, well, we all know what that means.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back