• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coaching... Coaching... Coaching...

Defense was stellar. Iowa was held to 129 rushing yards, 322 yds total. That’s outstanding. NU overcame most of their penalties which is pretty interesting for this group of sensitive boys. The turnovers cost Nebraska the game. Period.

Last edited:
We played a ranked team to within one possession. Yeah, we'd all prefer a win, but was it THAT bad?
While I get your desire to stay the course, me too, NU is losing games to poor coaching. There is enough talent at NU to not be 10-19 in year 3. If his name wasn’t Scott Frost, you, me, and most everyone else would be suggesting time is up. Today was indeed, at least another punchers chance, but at the end of the day, another blown opportunity not taken advantage of. The real question is, how long to stay the course?

While I get your desire to stay the course, me too, NU is losing games to poor coaching. There is enough talent at NU to not be 10-19 in year 3. If his name wasn’t Scott Frost, you, me, and most everyone else would be suggesting time is up. Today was indeed, at least another punchers chance, but at the end of the day, another blown opportunity not taken advantage of. The real question is, how long to stay the course?
I would prefer a better overall record as well, but it feels like people are still upset about the Illinois loss. There's a lot of inconsistency in this fan base from week to week.

Defense was stellar. Iowa was held to 129 rushing yards, 322 yds total. That’s outstanding. NU overcame most of their penalties which is pretty interesting for this group of sensitive boys. The turnovers cost Nebraska the game. Period.
In fairness, they were helped out a lot by a very inaccurate QB. Iowa could have had a lot more offense if their QB hits wide open receivers and they do not have a couple dropped passes. I agree that the D played pretty well against the run, but the pass defense is really not very good.

We played a ranked team to within one possession. Yeah, we'd all prefer a win, but was it THAT bad?

I applaud the positivity. But we've lost 8/10 of our last games. Eight of the last ten! If not for the fact that his name is Scott Frost and he has a seven year contract, we'd be getting ready to make another coaching change. Do you really expect fans to not be negative because of perceived moral victories at this point?

I applaud the positivity. But we've lost 8/10 of our last games. Eight of the last ten! If not for the fact that his name is Scott Frost and he has a seven year contract, we'd be getting ready to make another coaching change. Do you really expect fans to not be negative because of perceived moral victories at this point?
I would expect some perspective given our situation. The drumbeat to fire coaches after 2 1/2 seasons - during a pandemic in which we wouldn't even be playing if not for their leadership - is idiotic.

People can be frustrated and angry. I am. But calling for firings right now? Maybe there are better ways to express the frustrations.

I would expect some perspective given our situation. The drumbeat to fire coaches after 2 1/2 seasons - during a pandemic in which we wouldn't even be playing if not for their leadership - is idiotic.

People can be frustrated and angry. I am. But calling for firings right now? Maybe there are better ways to express the frustrations.
I appreciate your point of view, but do you really think we are any better this year than last year, or the year before?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back