• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches receiving positive buzz on recruiting rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI....:)

Before Nebraska resumed practices on Wednesday, coaches hit the recruiting trail.

Marvin Sanders recruited his hometown of Chicago. Mike Ekeler went to California, normally a spot Sanders recruits, too.

"He was doing some things for me," Sanders said, "because I recruit L.A., and he's like, ‘Thanks for sending me out here on the hottest day on record for L.A.'"

Regardless of the location, the feedback from recruits and high school coaches has been the same.

"I think there's been a lot of excitement," Sanders said. "I think we're playing some good football, and we have a good product to sell. It's always good that you get ranked, get some national exposure, but I think Nebraska's always had a great product. We're just able to put it back out there for people to see."

In particular, Sanders said, coaches mentioned freshman quarterback Taylor Martinez.

"I'm in Chicago, and I had a couple of coaches say, ‘Boy, we love that quarterback of yours, and he's just a freshman.' He's created some buzz all over the country, and of course I've talked to coaches throughout the Los Angeles area, and there is some buzz.

"It's been a fertile ground for us, so we're going to try to keep that up."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/recruiting/article_b7091db6-ccf9-11df-becc-001cc4c002e0.html

Always good to hear from California and especially with U$C down for a while. Hope we can take advantage of it!

I've felt for a while now how we do on the field this season will be a big factor in our recruiting crop. I didn't forsee the Martinez phenomen though, but I can see why recruit might think with him at NU for several more years, they might already be playing during a title run. That's got to sell well.

The people who said the Big 10 move would kill our Texas line... I wonder if they still think so they way Nebraska is playing and with the pumped up feelings around our boys.

Either way, this is great to hear. I want nothing more than to have Nebraska get back in the spot light and grab a couple of major names. That is, as long as Bo wants 'em. ;)

I always thought that the line about our Texas recruiting was going to be hurt by the Big 12 was absurd. The way Pelini coaches and the fire and passion he has for the game, along with the relationships he and his staff have built in Texas, those high school coaches have to appreciate that and the way he coaches. If there is a state of football coaches who can relate with fiery, passionate football coaches, it's Texas high school coaches.

Nothing will be hurt by moving to the Big 10. If you were big time player in Texas, where would you rather play, at OU where you play one big game a year or play in the Big 10 where every week you will be tested and have to prove yourself? Maybe it's the competitor in me, (or the Husker fan) but I would pick the Big 10.

I think recruiting will be just fine. Some elite athletes from Ohio/michigan/illinois may like the idea of going to a warmer climate:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back