• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Verduzco!!!

More than anything else, THIS has been the problem, and, yes, I know: Frost definitely contributed to it. Keep in mind that two years ago a lot of folks here were p'd at me because I was ONLY predicting 8 wins, and I was stupid enough to be arguing that Minnesota looked legit. High expectations have set the stage for the disappointment. I'm a little relieved that so many here seem to think that this year is Frost's last, and that he'll go down in flames, because I am thinking that we'll finish somewhere between 6 and 8 wins in the regular season, so I look forward to the rejoicing by those who currently mourn. I also know that the same folks will move the goal posts as soon as they see signs of life.

I don't know who "others" would be, but I have a hunch that I'm in the group. I'm NOT ignoring the abysmal turnover rates, atrocious red zone offense, lukewarm scoring, lack of deep passing, etc.--I just think that it's taking longer to rebuild,... but we are rebuilding. I expect the O-line to be better by mid-season than what it was last year at the end of the year, and it should all be going up from there. The lack of developed O-linemen to replace Farmer and Foster should be undeniable now. You've coached: what's an offense look like with undeveloped or undersized or poor quality offensive linemen? Everybody (including me) was complaining about Jurgens starting at the start of 2019, but that's also because there wasn't any depth or experience there. It takes about 3 years to develop a starting college offensive lineman. Frost's 2018 OL recruits are gone, so we're seeing the 2019 class starting to show who they are. I REALLY, REALLY like the O-line guys that we've gotten since 2019, and experience and depth will help them come along without a parachute.

If we can just take care of business early on, it could be a fun year. If you don't think so, hey, that's your prerogative,... and that helps to keep the expectations in check. ;)
You know football better than most. Your opinion carries weight. All I can tell you is what I see from a results/leadership perspective. Something doesn't add up. It shouldn't be this disjointed if the foundation was in place.

I won't do anything for a Klondike bar, but I'd do a lot for 8 wins and a dub over those rat bastards in Minneapolis and Iowa City.

Honestly, THIS would be the ultimate year to go on a revenge tour. With the exceptions of Buffalo and Fordham, who don't show up on my radar, there isn't a game on our schedule that I don't look at and think, "Man, those b@st@rds need an @$$whipping!" If ever there were a year for Nebraska to go on a tear and win games they weren't expected to win, this would be an awesome choice. Oklahoma in Norman. Michigan. Ohio State. Iowa. Wisconsin in Madison. Northwestern. Minnesota in Minneapolis. Northwestern in Chicago. I think that I'm acclimating to the B1G because I now even loathe Illinois and Purdue. I don't just want to win. I want heads mounted and pelts on the floor under our feet.

Last edited:
Honestly, THIS would be the ultimate year to go on a revenge tour. With the exceptions of Buffalo and Fordham, who don't show up on my radar, there isn't a game on our schedule that I don't look at and think, "Man, those b@st@rds need an @$$whipping!" If ever there were a year for Nebraska to go on a tear and win games they weren't expected to win, this would be an awesome choice. Oklahoma in Norman. Michigan. Ohio State. Iowa. Wisconsin in Madison. Northwestern. Minnesota in Minneapolis. Northwestern in Chicago. I think that I'm acclimating to the B1G because I now even loathe Illinois and Purdue. I don't just want to win. I want heads mounted and pelts on the floor under our feet.

And to hear the lamentation of their women......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back