• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Pelini to LSU as D Cord.

I think he could have went to South Carolina. I think he was linked to their DC job. I do believe he wanted NU to foot the bill for their ineptness, which he called out. These things can happen when you have incompetent leadership, which is what NU had.
I don't remember him having any offers and I think he would have left for a serious offer. He certainly was never offered any HC position at a P5. I doubt he'll get such an offer for at least another 5 years. But people are stupid and someone may just try it.

I don't remember him having any offers and I think he would have left for a serious offer. He certainly was never offered any HC position at a P5. I doubt he'll get such an offer for at least another 5 years. But people are stupid and someone may just try it.
I don't know about a P5 offer, but I could see him getting a FBS offer. Maybe he can take over from Solich when he decides to retire.

I don't think it's rivaled at all.

We've got one, maybe two who still extol his virtue against all others but TO. The vast majority of comments are negative with the other end of the spectrum being largely neutral about him and objective about his coaching time here.

He's going to do well at LSU and we'll have folks here going out of their way to give him no credit for it.
Bottom line LSU loses their DC after their National Championship season and waste ZERO time hiring the best guy for the job and pay him 2.3 million. He’s an outstanding defensive coach with a great record 67-27 as a head coach.
LSU knows what they are doing ( they don’t have a Harvey Pearlman running their football program) and will be a force defensively next season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back