• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Pelini to LSU as D Cord.

Carl can coach. I would think a good team running a 4-3 would hire him as a DL coach (provided some of his off the field issues are under control these days). I always had the impression that Carl leaving really hurt Bo's ability to get the defense playing the way he wanted.
I thought the same. I think Carl was the one guy Bo would listen too. After he left nothing but yes men.

Carl can coach. I would think a good team running a 4-3 would hire him as a DL coach (provided some of his off the field issues are under control these days). I always had the impression that Carl leaving really hurt Bo's ability to get the defense playing the way he wanted.
I think Carl needed to leave Lincoln for other issues... and I think he can coach.

And all those yes men helped him to continue winning 9+ games a year.

No doubt. I think Carl helped run the D the way Bo wanted, so he wasn't pulled in so many directions. I suspect that if Carl had been around we would have had better performances from some of those DT's we brought in toward the end of Bo's time with us.

And all those yes men helped him to continue winning 9+ games a year.
So you think that our D was just as good after he left? Prior to 2011 he had multiple top ten Ds. After he left we were never better than 35th Bo's last year we were 53rd. The team overall was definitely on a downturn.

BTW saying his brother was a good influence on him is not as negative as you think.

So you think that our D was just as good after he left? Prior to 2011 he had multiple top ten Ds. After he left we were never better than 35th Bo's last year we were 53rd. The team overall was definitely on a downturn.

BTW saying his brother was a good influence on him is not as negative as you think.
I didn't say his brother was bad nor did I say his defenses were better nor did I say his brother was a negative influence on him. You know dang well what part of your post I was referring to but you sidestepped it to get your little dig in on Bo again. You can't change the fact that he won at the same rate his last three years with those "yes" men and his recruits then he did his first three years with the other coaches and the recruits from Callahan. Even though you keep ignoring those facts.

I didn't say his brother was bad nor did I say his defenses were better nor did I say his brother was a negative influence on him. You know dang well what part of your post I was referring to but you sidestepped it to get your little dig in on Bo again. You can't change the fact that he won at the same rate his last three years with those "yes" men and his recruits then he did his first three years with the other coaches and the recruits from Callahan. Even though you keep ignoring those facts.
Wow are you that in love with Bo that you can not see for whatever reason that his teams were starting to decline. Just like with FS. Many people were startingto see decline prior to the 6-6 season. For what ever reason Bo's teams were starting to decline. The fact that we did not keep him long enough for the record to fall does not discount that his defense was getting worse. Would it have happened more slowly than it did. Almost certainly. Would it have happened none the less. Most believe it would. Recruiting was down. Walk on program was dead. He was bringing in coaches with little to no experience. The fall was imminent.

Wow are you that in love with Bo that you can not see for whatever reason that his teams were starting to decline. Just like with FS. Many people were startingto see decline prior to the 6-6 season. For what ever reason Bo's teams were starting to decline. The fact that we did not keep him long enough for the record to fall does not discount that his defense was getting worse. Would it have happened more slowly than it did. Almost certainly. Would it have happened none the less. Most believe it would. Recruiting was down. Walk on program was dead. He was bringing in coaches with little to no experience. The fall was imminent.

That's a good one, Thom

WTH?

Not a good look for a moderator to threaten another member.
When you don’t know the hole picture best to move along. Everyone acts differently when angered and by what I read so far that’s all
It is. Why do people always think acting a certain way is the only way.

9+ every year. His first three years he won 70% of his games and finished rated two out of 3 years. His last 3 years he won 70% of his games and finished rated 3 out of 3 years. Some drop off. I guess you just can't see the facts. There is ZERO proof that anything was dropping off production wise in spite of the lack of support he was getting in his last few years. What you are noticing in his drop off was all due to SE and yet Bo was overcoming all the crap to still keep his production going. Haters just got to hate in spite of the truth.

9+ every year. His first three years he won 70% of his games and finished rated two out of 3 years. His last 3 years he won 70% of his games and finished rated 3 out of 3 years. Some drop off. I guess you just can't see the facts. There is ZERO proof that anything was dropping off production wise in spite of the lack of support he was getting in his last few years. What you are noticing in his drop off was all due to SE and yet Bo was overcoming all the crap to still keep his production going. Haters just got to hate in spite of the truth.

Yeah, I don't get the whole drop off thing either. If people want to argue that 9-4 was Bo's ceiling and he would never take this program any further, I'd definitely listen to that discussion. But the fact is we are far away from that level at this point. It should serve as a reminder that we need to reset our expectations.

So SE called defensive plays when a running back set an NCAA record against us?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back