• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Mario V

OPHusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
I never have and will not start complaining about a college football player; however the AAC staff that was brought to Lincoln needs revision and soon. Other than a 4 year stint with Rutgers, QB Coach Mario V has no P5 experience and has demonstrated little if any evidence of developing Husker QBs.

I truly am worried that LM will regress under his oversight. Clever and quirky sound bites have resulted in little positives on the field.

1604806349750.png

While a likeable guy, he hasn't done squat. Milton was an anomaly. If he's not gone after this year, our QB issues won't improve. Tommy Armstrong or even T-Mart today and Northwestern is wondering what the hell just happened.

He has Martinez thinking about his throws like he's looking at the menu in a brand new restaurant.

It makes me wonder if Luke reads and throws so much quicker just because he hasn't learned all of Coach V's Zen mind-body concordance rules yet.

Last edited:

My thoughts went here yesterday as well. AM was amazing as a freshman and now he looks pretty bad, especially as a passer.

He also looks too bulky and the weight/pads don't appear to sit exactly right on him.

Agree with the concern.

It does appear that AM has had a lack of development (physically and mentally) under coach V and even HCSF.

While AM’s demeanor and diplomacy with the press are admirable, his results on the field are concerning... especially compared to his first year.

Last edited:
Don't take this wrong, but maybe AM peaked as a 19 y/o. Some kids grow into the position, some don't. Is he physically putting in the effort to get better? Is he willing to do what it takes? Is the D1 game too physical or too fast for him? Just thoughts.

Maybe it is SF or Mario. Hard to say, but one thing is for sure, we haven't seen progress at the QB spot. I think there are coaching issues on offense, and I also think our WR talent has really taken a hit since AM's freshman year. Get a win over PSUcks next week and things will be looking up.

I actually started to make a thread on this very thing. I was going to call it: "Is Chaching the thing" 2AM passing motion has clearly gotten worse since he got here. However Luke passing motion looks better this year than the little we saw last year. So is the 2AM regression MV or is 2AM feeling so much heat from Luke that he is playing tight.

For the record either way I think the needle points to LM next week.

Last edited:

He has Martinez thinking about his throws like he's looking at the menu in a brand new restaurant.

It makes me wonder if Luke reads and throws so much quicker just because he hasn't learned all of Coach V's Zen mind-body concordance rules yet.
Exactly what caused that INT in the end zone imo. Time and again AM looks like he's attempting to find a receiver WIDE OPEN and has no confidence he can put the ball where it needs to be thrown. Watching Tagoviailoa Maryland QB he only needed the slightest separation to throw the ball to his receivers. By the time time AM decided to throw into the end zone the receiver was once again completely covered. Something is very wrong with our QB development imo.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back