• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Mario V

Everything you said is reasonable conjecture, but that's all it is. Go watch Luke's high school film. Talk to people who saw him throw last year. He couldn't throw like that until this year.

Add to the above that the primary recruiter for both Luke and Smothers was their QB coach, and you may want to think a little more deeply about "helping" them by getting rid of the coach that brought them to Lincoln. It's not going to happen anyway.

Everybody is disappointed with AM's performance on Saturday. Some of us handle that maturely, and some of us cry for Mommy to fire somebody because our feelings are all owies. Which one are you?
Hmmm

This thread may get jumpstarted after yesterday’s performance.... why bother recruiting WR talent if you can’t get them the ball?

This thread may get jumpstarted after yesterday’s performance.... why bother recruiting WR talent if you can’t get them the ball?
Already a concern with the recruits. As id been saying, McCaffrey doesn’t have the whole playbook at his disposal like Martinez because he doesn’t have the same arm talent yet. Not all his fault, as he’s only played the position full time now for 2.5 years. Recruits are going to ask who is getting them the ball and look at what the stats are of that QB. McCaffreys only “passing touchdown” this year was where we pitched forward a jet sweep.

***...begs the question, why Nebraska recruiting a qb who has "only played the position full time now for 2.5 years."

In reality, at the time he was recruited, as a qb, he only had 1 year of experience.

Case in point Illinois kept their young running QB on the bench and beat the Huskers (among several areas) through the air

I would love to hear Noah Vedral's thoughts on going from V and Frost to his current situation. Maybe its just that a change in scenery jump starts things sometimes. Or, it could be something more like, "holy crap, these guys aren't talking to me about blinking and processing, they're just teaching me how to read defenses."

I would love to hear Noah Vedral's thoughts on going from V and Frost to his current situation. Maybe its just that a change in scenery jump starts things sometimes. Or, it could be something more like, "holy crap, these guys aren't talking to me about blinking and processing, they're just teaching me how to read defenses."
I think that Vedral is too classy to throw Frost and Company under the bus.

McCaffrey was recruited because he's a really unique talent. He was going to be given the opportunity to play QB, but I don't think even he thought switching positions was out of the questions. We had several guys recruited over the years to play QB, then switched, so it's not some wild idea we used a QB spot to bring in a guy who may not have all the tools for the position. And let's keep in mind we also had a freshman All-American who looked to be a likely 3 or 4 year starter, so we didn't have a huge number of well rated QBs flocking to us. If AM had continued to play like he did as a freshman, or improved as expected, we aren't having people questioning LM as a choice for filling our QB spot that recruiting cycle.

It is almost impossible in this day and age to have a TD pass : INT ratio of less than 1.0 in college football. I would guess that the average team is around 2.5, and elite teams get as high as 20 or 25. I think our ratio is 2:6, which equals 0.33. I'm not sure if "embarrassing" or "pathetic" is the more appropriate description.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back