• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Knighton

juju

The future starts now.
5 Year Member
Listening to coach Knighton kind of highlighted the intentionality of building a system.

Unity of command and everything feeds the overarching goals.

I look forward to see what Butler and Gunnerson types do. I can see them really excelling in this defense. It is almost like our offense and defense have a lot of plug and play versatility for different body types/skill sets already built into the system. We just need to find athletic kids that want to attack everything to include preparation.

Exciting to see what a well oiled machine can do.

Listening to coach Knighton kind of highlighted the intentionality of building a system.

I look forward to see what Butler and Gunnerson types do. I can see them really excelling in this defense. It is almost like our offense and defense have a lot of plug and play versatility for different body types/skill sets already built into the system. We just need to find athletic kids that want to attack everything to include preparation.

Chins D incorporated much of what Whites D will do, just more of it when they can get away with it.
Thats why theres so many fits.
We need that dominating nose though...shouldnt say need, but thats a huge help in its versatility

I was not exiting to hear coach going on about how he had lots of guys thst could play both standup and with there hand in the ground…

now I know it was probably a lot of coach speak about how everyone is great and can do everything, but we don’t have a bunch of guys that can hold up in the trenches of the b1g and then stand up and cover te or rush the passer. For the love of Nebraska football we haven’t had very many guys thst could do either for going on 2 decades.

Something is very wrong if he has even 1 guy thst is doing both at an adequate level in practice

I was not exiting to hear coach going on about how he had lots of guys thst could play both standup and with there hand in the ground…

now I know it was probably a lot of coach speak about how everyone is great and can do everything, but we don’t have a bunch of guys that can hold up in the trenches of the b1g and then stand up and cover te or rush the passer. For the love of Nebraska football we haven’t had very many guys thst could do either for going on 2 decades.

Something is very wrong if he has even 1 guy thst is doing both at an adequate level in practice
We still have Gifford et al plus more, set in a D that promotes their talents.
Five technique is way different than 3. This is more a true3-4 than what Chins ran.

The Syracuse defense held minny to 31 second half yards.
They finished 21st in total D, 38th in sacks.Shut down minnys run game.
Similar numbers the year before.
Not a lot of time to get 'your' guys,just great coaching and scheme with players playing successfully.
I see us improved even over BBs D

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back