• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Frost Keynote at US StratCom Conference (video)

The_CornTorch

Scout Team
5 Year Member
This is from just a few weeks ago. Haven't made it all the way through the approximately 30 min of remarks plus Q&A yet, but this gives a lot of us who aren't very close to the head man, or the program, a chance to see him talk at length in a slightly more casual setting.

Note: The video automatically starts playing around 5:00. If you want to watch it from the beginning, just drop the playhead back at 0 and you should be good to go. Whoever hosted this video obviously decided that this particular section was the soundbyte they wanted.

Beware, this is almost about an hour long. There's hopefully enough to chew on here to tide us over until kickoff. #GBR

Last edited:

WOW...... I recently posted HCSF is without a doubt a "generational" coach for Nebraska imo. This video totally enforces what kind of coach we're fortunate enough to have at Nebraska! His comments about when he arrived in Lincoln how broken Nebraska football culture was why it's so difficult to turn around are striking. As fans we knew things were bad but really didn't realize just how bad things had gotten. Frost mentions 34 players have left the program since he arrived! That confirms what was going on within the Husker football program imo.

IMO this video is well worth watching if you want to really understand who Coach Frost is as a person.....

BTW.... thanks for posting this......

Last edited:
A couple highlights:

8:04 – SF shares a lesson learned from TO about leadership when he was a player

15:35 – SF articulates what he sees as the two key characteristics of a leader

20:50 – "Coaching is really simple. It comes down to three basic things."

23:00 – Horizontal vs. vertical leadership

32:10 – Why he changed his coaching style at Oregon to match the pace of the offense

35:11– SF gives a pretty real + raw answer about the trepidation he felt when considering the NU job and why he ultimately said "yes" to the job

Last edited:
I will also add that I worked for and briefed General Hyten for a couple years recently when he was at Air Force Space and Cyber Command. He is also the right man for his job. Glad they are both in the right place! GBR

This is from just a few weeks ago. Haven't made it all the way through the approximately 30 min of remarks plus Q&A yet, but this gives a lot of us who aren't very close to the head man, or the program, a chance to see him talk at length in a slightly more casual setting.

Note: The video automatically starts playing around 5:00. If you want to watch it from the beginning, just drop the playhead back at 0 and you should be good to go. Whoever hosted this video obviously decided that this particular section was the soundbyte they wanted.

Beware, this is almost about an hour long. There's hopefully enough to chew on here to tide us over until kickoff. #GBR

This was a very good talk by HCSF. I played it in the background thinking I would pick up a thing or two but ended up stopping what I was doing to rewind it several times to insure I heard everything he said. As he grows into his role his motivational prowess will only get better.

This was a very good talk by HCSF. I played it in the background thinking I would pick up a thing or two but ended up stopping what I was doing to rewind it several times to insure I heard everything he said. As he grows into his role his motivational prowess will only get better.
That’s exactly how I started watching this as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back