• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Frost is a frustrated football coach right now

If nothing else, we run some Power-I formations and lose a bunch of games... but the fanbase is happy because we look like a retro Nebraska team. Maybe the equipment managers can cut the players' jerseys off at the belly, too.

I played in those half shirts with the high hip pads.

Retro in a good way.

I played in those half shirts with the high hip pads.

Retro in a good way.

I remember the girls wearing those half shirts. I wish those would make a comeback.

giphy.gif

I think he's realized that the honeymoon is about over, he'll have to show a much improved team next year or he'll start to get some actual outside pressure. He hasn't seen anything yet...but he's still obviously feeling frustrated.
Lets hope that's not the case because he's really our only option. We are in this for the long haul and I wish more fans would realize that and be a little more optimistic.

Lets hope that's not the case because he's really our only option. We are in this for the long haul and I wish more fans would realize that and be a little more optimistic.

Honestly aside from a couple of ‘burn the house down’ guys on here, I don’t get the sense that the honeymoon is over.

Yeah, plenty of us aren’t thrilled with what we’ve seen this year, but at 4-3 we’re one win behind where I thought Nebraska would be. I can’t be too pissed off. Boat racing South Alabama would have been nice, but I’d this team finds a way to win six and get to a bowl, it’s a step in the right direction. Sure, the ‘ten win guys’ will still have their panties in a wad, but who cares. Keep getting better and getting the right kids in the program.

There were so many kool aid drinking fans before the season started, it was hilarious. Anybody who dared say that the team would be a 6 to 8 win team were deemed "Debbie downers" when we were just realists looking at the roster.

There were so many kool aid drinking fans before the season started, it was hilarious. Anybody who dared say that the team would be a 6 to 8 win team were deemed "Debbie downers" when we were just realists looking at the roster.

I said 8 wins and they still have a chance at it. The defense is about as good as I expected. The offense is not. Warner being hurt has hindered the passing game more than we know IMO. Injuries are something you know may happen so their is nothing you can do about it, but you don't expect an injury that will keep your very good kicker out of action the whole year.

Also, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and OSU are better than I expected them to be.

I’ll change my vote from exhausted to exasperated.

After listening to Benning segment on Tues, it sounds like the staff tried everything possible to make MW “comfortable” and try to get him to act right. Basically went above and beyond what they would do for any player ever. Paraphrasing, I think he characterized him as the player requiring the most attention anyone on this staff had ever dealt with. Very distrustful of adult males due to his father’s death. Isnt sure why he is playing football. Etc etc. Sounds like a big issue in the locker room to me.

After hearing that, I think this team might actually go in a direction like they did late last year.

I’ll change my vote from exhausted to exasperated.

After listening to Benning segment on Tues, it sounds like the staff tried everything possible to make MW “comfortable” and try to get him to act right. Basically went above and beyond what they would do for any player ever. Paraphrasing, I think he characterized him as the player requiring the most attention anyone on this staff had ever dealt with. Very distrustful of adult males due to his father’s death. Isnt sure why he is playing football. Etc etc. Sounds like a big issue in the locker room to me.

After hearing that, I think this team might actually go in a direction like they did late last year.

What a harrisonbeck.

the staff tried everything possible to make MW “comfortable” and try to get him to act right. Basically went above and beyond what they would do for any player ever. Paraphrasing, I think he characterized him as the player requiring the most attention anyone on this staff had ever dealt with. Sounds like a big issue in the locker room to me.
Going “above and beyond” was pretty obvious just looking at his playing time. Suspended for a half and then get 3 straight carries to start the 3rd quarter. Three and out. I’m thinking SF lost some respect from the rest of the team the way he handled the MW situation.

The locker room needs to be fixed first then the position issues will be easier to address. You can’t take a falling down house and fix it with pretty throw pillows and a coat of paint. HCSF can’t fix Nebraska football with the latest greatest offense and a few speedy players. I believe he still has some things to learn. Fingers crossed.

Going “above and beyond” was pretty obvious just looking at his playing time. Suspended for a half and then get 3 straight carries to start the 3rd quarter. Three and out. I’m thinking SF lost some respect from the rest of the team the way he handled the MW situation.

The locker room needs to be fixed first then the position issues will be easier to address. You can’t take a falling down house and fix it with pretty throw pillows and a coat of paint. HCSF can’t fix Nebraska football with the latest greatest offense and a few speedy players. I believe he still has some things to learn. Fingers crossed.

Yep

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back