• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Frost’s dad, ex-Husker Coach Larry Frost, has passed away Update: Funeral Today

I have to wonder if losing his dad put a little fire into Scott on dealing with the Big Ten. I don't mean to speculate into the family's business and I have no details about Larry's passing, but sometimes losing an older family member can be a long, painful process (cancer versus a car wreck).

Makes me think that maybe Scott knew there were some things that he just couldn't fight (losing his dad), but some things he could (the Big Ten). When you're in those life-or-death situations, you get a lot of perspective on the things in your life that you can control and the things that you can't. Maybe it sparked a little motivation into Scott to give the B1G Brass the ass whoopin' they deserved.

Anyway, prayers to the Frost family as they walk through this difficult time. Nothing like getting the moral victory of defeating a Power 5 Conference and then losing your parent. :(
Good thoughts. Also, had they played games from the original schedule that was released, Larry would have seen a couple of games still. I get fighting for those moments, too.

Last edited:

My you rest in peace Larry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back