• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Fisher on incoming DB's, etc.

Worth the watch, Humble dude. I do like why he is recruiting length in the secondary. Big dudes that run like a corner and hit hard. Big fast guys beat little fast guys, I seem to remember a coach that used to say that.
Surely we could find room for Baron Miles in our secondary, as well

Surely we could find room for Baron Miles in our secondary, as well

Oh definitely. Like NFL teams found a home for Fisher and Troy Walters. Nothing small about drive in all those guys. D-Cap is no monster and he’s done well for these coaches. I see we may be after his little bro, too. all 145 pounds of him.

Last edited:
Now how do you NOT LIKE that guy ??? Straight forward answers, not alot of coach-speak or vague answers. I love the variety of coaches we have, personality wise, but they all seem to have some very similiar traits that unify them as men, and coaches. love it.

He called smash mouth football boring - he’s gotta go.
:Biggrin:

Good video.... how do you not like our entire coaching staff? If you can't coach you won't be part of a SF staff very long imo................

Oh definitely. Like NFL teams found a home for Fisher and Troy Walters.

If you look for the pattern, you'll see that we have a group of coaches who mostly didn't quite have the right measurables to be recruited by themselves, and I don't think that that is a coincidence. Ruud has said that pro coaches told him he wasn't big enough. Austin, Walters, and Fisher aren't tall enough to be recruited to the positions that they coach. If you want to get really psycho-analytical, Frost brought in a QB coach who could have fixed his throwing issues, and they make a point of recruiting players who are athletes first, leaders second, and have a throwing motion that is acceptable. Why?

If you've ever had to work harder than everyone else around you just to measure up, you know how hard it is to do that. When you run into a brick wall and realize that you had physical limits that you could never overcome, you'll probably a) have a soft spot for other guys like that, b) not take those limits lightly when recruiting for someone to play your former position. These guys want long and fast guys because they know how hard it was to play their positions without the length and/or speed.

I see we may be after his little bro, too. all 145 pounds of him.

How old is little brother? I'm going from memory, but I thought that he's only about 15 years old.

If you look for the pattern, you'll see that we have a group of coaches who mostly didn't quite have the right measurables to be recruited by themselves, and I don't think that that is a coincidence. Ruud has said that pro coaches told him he wasn't big enough. Austin, Walters, and Fisher aren't tall enough to be recruited to the positions that they coach. If you want to get really psycho-analytical, Frost brought in a QB coach who could have fixed his throwing issues, and they make a point of recruiting players who are athletes first, leaders second, and have a throwing motion that is acceptable. Why?

If you've ever had to work harder than everyone else around you just to measure up, you know how hard it is to do that. When you run into a brick wall and realize that you had physical limits that you could never overcome, you'll probably a) have a soft spot for other guys like that, b) not take those limits lightly when recruiting for someone to play your former position. These guys want long and fast guys because they know how hard it was to play their positions without the length and/or speed.

How old is little brother? I'm going from memory, but I thought that he's only about 15 years old.

Ya, I think young Bootle is maybe a 2022 recruit.

I remember reading comments from one of our coaches - maybe Austin - quoting saber metric type data on the advantages of height and long arms in guys at his position ALL OTHER FACTORS BEING EQUAL. So ya, the coaches personally know the advantages of length, but the analytics are telling them the same thing. I’m pretty sure they will still be looking for the “best available athlete” always but if that guy has some height and long arms too, so much the better.

And Coach Fisher wants junkyard dogs...but he’s willing to take a tall one if he comes along :Lol:

Last edited:

Now how do you NOT LIKE that guy ??? Straight forward answers, not alot of coach-speak or vague answers. I love the variety of coaches we have, personality wise, but they all seem to have some very similiar traits that unify them as men, and coaches. love it.

Good observation. In my experience, quality guys don't sign up for stuff just for a paycheck or because they like the weather. They go places where they think they can accomplish something that matches their talents. When you see a bunch all on one team, it usually means something.

It's more than traits all these guys have in common.

Last edited:

I think we need to remember though, the game has changed a bit since our coaches played, everyone seems to be getting bigger. If you don't'measure' up you better be something special and I think that applies to all positions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back