• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Clemson Returns everyone on defense

The WR that missed this year, Ross, is coming back too. They were very banged up at receiver this year. They should be better next season than this year imo.

The WR that missed this year, Ross, is coming back too. They were very banged up at receiver this year. They should be better next season than this year imo.
Don't forget they lose the QB, I don't remember who the back up was but I know he played when TL was out with covid. Obviously that will be the big difference.

Don't forget they lose the QB, I don't remember who the back up was but I know he played when TL was out with covid. Obviously that will be the big difference.

There will be a difference, at least initially -- but I don't think it will be a huge dropoff. DJ Uiagalelei (who was a true freshman in 2020) is really good. 5-star recruit. Against Notre Dame, he passed for 439 yards with 66% completions, 2 TDs, no INTs -- tack on another TD running the ball. On the season (two starts and a few mop up snaps), 914 yards passing, 67% completions, 5 TDs throwing, no INTs, 2 rushing TDs.

Last edited:

It's basically crazy to think about, but DJ Uiagalelei is much like Trevor Lawrence was. He's a guy that even in HS scouts have been saying he's a potential future overall #1 draft pick. Like Lawrence he has extremely rare tools. He's a heavier body that moves pretty well but not as good as Lawrence. He's really big though. Tremendous arm talent. Clemson's staff has said he may have better arm talent than Lawrence. Accurate too.

The bigger loss IMO is the RB. There's likely going to be some drop off there. But they should be MUCH better at receiver next year and significantly better on defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back