• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Class Of 2024 NSD #1 Thread (20 December, 2023)

I was under the impression you can't take a player off scholarship and pay his way through NIL as a means to free up a scholarship. Or say a portal player is a walk on and pay his way through NIL to save a scholarship.

Am I mistaken thinking that?
Great question

Big Red Rising​

What coach Matt Rhule did not gain in a postseason bid, he more than made up for on the recruiting trail. Nebraska finished with the 21st-ranked class, up ten spots from last year. Rhule produced the biggest flip in the country when Dylan Raiola bolted from Georgia to Nebraska. The five-star QB’s arrival sparked the momentum of a strong finish.

Why did Nebraska finish so strong? Raiola’s father was a star player for Nebraska, and his family has deep ties to the state and program. That connection caught the eyes of prospects. Nebraska has money and a growing NIL program. Rhule offers the chance for good players to crack the starting lineup sooner than at other schools. And despite its recent years of misery, Nebraska is renowned for having college football’s greatest fans with a tradition that still resonates on the trail.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back