• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Class of 2014 - 2 spots left

I don't think there is anyone available that would help this upcoming year. Not a concern. It would have been nice if we got a talented freshman, but don't waste a schollie on a player that won't ever see the court. If you do, you could be stuck with him for four years. The staff needs to be looking for the replacements for Shields, Petteford, and Pitchford.

I agree that there is no need to "waste" a scholarship. However, you are not stuck with the person for 4 years since an athletic scholarship is a 1-year renewable grant-in-aid. Athletic scholarships are non-renewed all of the time.

I don't think there is anyone available that would help this upcoming year. Not a concern. It would have been nice if we got a talented freshman, but don't waste a schollie on a player that won't ever see the court. If you do, you could be stuck with him for four years. The staff needs to be looking for the replacements for Shields, Petteford, and Pitchford.

There are transfers we would take that will help us down the line, but I think you were referring to high school guys and I'm pretty sure you are right there. Gregory our coaches hadn't seen play yet so that was part of the reason we invited him for a visit. Him leaving without an offer and still not having one may be an indicator that he isn't what we see in our future...

Here's the transfers list, a ton of options still available, how quality is the unknown:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ry-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

Yes, I was talking of high schoolers. My comment on stuck with them, probably wasn't the best choice of words, but you would avoid the "finding a new home" for them. The hard part about transfers is, if they didn't see action this past season, you still don't know how they would perform. I am sure the staff will get a couple bodies to fill the spots, at least for practice squad placeholders.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back