• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chuck Neinas, great read, Nebraska and Missouri made mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'M SO SICK of this alternate/revisionist history BS.
Do you people have any idea of how much cash NU receives annually due to its association with the Big Ten?
It's not just football TV money for the athletic department. That's only a fraction.
Check out this link: https://btaa.org
Once there, see if you can surmise how much research CASH NU gets annually.
At the time NU joined the B1G, the existing members were splitting over $7BILLION annually.
DWARFS the TV deal.
Over the next few decades, the entire University of Nebraska system will prosper.
UN-L will become the difficult-to get-into hub...sort of like UMich.
And like Michigan has all of the compass directional schools, Omaha/UNK/Peru/Wayne will grow in enrollment.
Yes, the decision in 2010 impacted men's sports dramatically but that's a relatively short term issue.
THE MAIN DRIVER is long term academics and B1G research money.
It was that way in 2010 and it remains that way in 2022.

Last edited:

Do you people have any idea of how much cash NU receives annually due to its association with the Big Ten?
It's not just football TV money for the athletic department. That's only a fraction.
At the time NU joined the B1G, the existing members were splitting over $7BILLION annually.
DWARFS the TV deal.
Over the next few decades, the entire University of Nebraska system will prosper.
And like Michigan has all of the compass directional schools, UNK/Peru/Wayne will grow in enrollment.
Yes, the decision in 2010 impacted men's sports dramatically but that's a relatively short term issue.

Spot on post!!

The move to the Big 10 was so much more than athletics. Nebraska ultimately is an academic institution first and the move to the Big 10 was huge.

Some of the athletic teams need to figure it out because absolutely nothing is changing in terms of conference affiliation.

Last edited:
DWARFS the TV deal.
And like Michigan has all of the compass directional schools, Omaha/UNK/Peru/Wayne will grow in enrollment.
I did not realize the amount of research money. I'm happy to be in the B1G but no way we're in that conference if we weren't a has-been, I mean blue blood, football program.

Missouri was also sucking up to the B1G at the same time. Mizzou fans were mad we got in first. The Big XII was crumbling. TX was exerting its influence in the conference at the same time backstabbing its members by courting the PAC 10 and taking OU with it.

IIRC, Mizzou basically had their invite in the bag, but they started blabbing about it before it was a done deal, and the B1G dropped them like a hot potato and started talking to DONU instead.

It’s pretty well documented that Nebraska’s decision to switch conferences was predicated on other Big 12 universities looking first, not the other way around.

Not questioning the leadership. I was front and center of it in the beginning. Bad decisions were made. No question. Frost and Hoiberg weren’t some of them. They were unanimous hires that have both sucked. Most everyone liked Moos until the last 8-9 months of his tenure. The OU fiasco did him in, and of course, not being there much. Just today, I heard John Hoover, of Sooners SI, in Omaha covering OU in the WS, say, he’s talked to some local folks, and that Frost doesn’t even want to be here anymore, nor, is his head in it, so that could be another issue moving forward. What I’m saying is, Nebraska is not really a fit, athletically, in the BIG, and most nationally say the same thing. Has nothing to do with losing. That was going to happen in the Big 12, had the same decisions been made.
1656012308258.png

Interesting that Mr. Hoover is making the exact same argument you foisted on us back in October 31st? Paraphrasing? Confirmation bias? Just making things up? Got a link?

Further, why should Frost answer this guy's interview request? He isn't answering anyone else's right now either. Maybe, just maybe he knows what the rest of do. What possible good could come out of Frost doing interviews? Right now, whether you think he should be the current HC or not, words mean little. Put it on the field.

View attachment 84761

Interesting that Mr. Hoover is making the exact same argument you foisted on us back in October 31st? Paraphrasing? Confirmation bias? Just making things up? Got a link?

Further, why should Frost answer this guy's interview request? He isn't answering anyone else's right now either. Maybe, just maybe he knows what the rest of do. What possible good could come out of Frost doing interviews? Right now, whether you think he should be the current HC or not, words mean little. Put it on the field.
Did he look engaged to you genius? Hell no he didn’t. His body language was crap.
I don’t know John Hoover. Only listen to him some and have read articles written by him. That’s what he said on Tuesday on the radio. @johnehoover on Twitter. Reach out to him and ask him.

Last year, it sure looked like Frost was checked out. Maybe he has a fresh vibe this year? We’ll know soon enough.

Last edited:
Did he look engaged to you genius? Hell no he didn’t. His body language was crap.
I don’t know John Hoover. Only listen to him some and have read articles written by him. That’s what he said on Tuesday on the radio. @johnehoover on Twitter. Reach out to him and ask him.

Last year, it sure looked like Frost was checked out. Maybe he has a fresh vibe this year? We’ll know soon enough.

Are we talking body language during games, or just in press conferences? Also, gray sweatshirts, yea or nay?

As matter of fact I didn't question his engagement at any point. If you wanted to argue that he looked lost, confused, and/or frustrated I wouldn't disagree but instead you did what you do. Then again, maybe you "front and center" for that too.

Are we talking body language during games, or just in press conferences? Also, gray sweatshirts, yea or nay?
So in your world what Frost has said during his press conferences, including times where he has stepped in it, has no affect on team chemistry or morale?

So in your world what Frost has said during his press conferences, including times where he has stepped in it, has no affect on team chemistry or morale?
Some, just have no clue. Unless one is an idiot, or complete homer, anyone with half of brain could see that Frost was beaten, battered, and bruised last year. He looked done, sounded done on many occasions. This is the same coach who said, there are no answers. They can sugar coat that **** all they want. It’s what they do. Maybe he’s got new energy this year, we’ll see soon enough.

Some, just have no clue. Unless one is an idiot, or complete homer, anyone with half of brain could see that Frost was beaten, battered, and bruised last year. He looked done, sounded done on many occasions. This is the same coach who said, there are no answers. They can sugar coat that **** all they want. It’s what they do. Maybe he’s got new energy this year, we’ll see soon enough.

And some think they are body language experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back