• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chuck Neinas, great read, Nebraska and Missouri made mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not questioning the leadership. I was front and center of it in the beginning. Bad decisions were made. No question. Frost and Hoiberg weren’t some of them. They were unanimous hires that have both sucked. Most everyone liked Moos until the last 8-9 months of his tenure. The OU fiasco did him in, and of course, not being there much. Just today, I heard John Hoover, of Sooners SI, in Omaha covering OU in the WS, say, he’s talked to some local folks, and that Frost doesn’t even want to be here anymore, nor, is his head in it, so that could be another issue moving forward. What I’m saying is, Nebraska is not really a fit, athletically, in the BIG, and most nationally say the same thing. Has nothing to do with losing. That was going to happen in the Big 12, had the same decisions been made.
John Hoover? I know him,... He sucks!!!

I am sure going to credit a Tulsa based Sooner writer covering baseball this week for whether Scott Frost’s head is in it. Can’t think of a more credible source. :Sarcasm:
He’s a very credible writer. Solid reputation. He knows the Sooners play Nebraska this fall. He said he tried to get some people from the AD and they wouldn’t do any interviews, including Frost. Also, had an interview with the Kade McKintire recruit for OU. Venables loves him. Said Nebraska did not recruit him very hard. Take it for what it’s worth. Sure looks like Frost hasn’t been engaged, given the teams performance. I’m just saying what I heard directly on the radio today. He isn’t the type of dude to lie about anything.

Not sure all those options would have been available had NU not left. They started the ball rolling by leaving, and is was abrupt, and fast. Then others panicked. The Big 12 would have been better off replacing Texas with TCU. Osborne warned everyone, no one would listen. I keep saying that, but it’s the truth.
Colorado left at the same time. It was actually officially two days before Nebraska's departure.

I don't buy the all or nothing and black and white thinking about "fit" and the Big Ten. Nebraska was a better fit in the Big Eight. Obviously. Most teams fit better in the smaller more intimate conferences prior to expansion. Even teams that are in the same conference that they have been in historically generally dont feel like the fit is as good.

There's going to be vast territory, long distance, and fellow members that have little to no history with teams in every conference now. How much of a "fit" do you think Clemson has with Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, Louisville, ect? It doesn't much matter because they are really good.

Nebraska fits in just fine in the Big Ten in the grand scheme of things. Is it perfect? No. It's not going to be. But it's a lot better of a fit than the SEC, Pac 12, or ACC would be and the Big 12 is no longer a viable option.

O

Really? His name is "Hoover"!!!!
He’s a very credible writer. Solid reputation. He knows the Sooners play Nebraska this fall. He said he tried to get some people from the AD and they wouldn’t do any interviews, including Frost. Also, had an interview with the Kade McKintire recruit for OU. Venables loves him. Said Nebraska did not recruit him very hard. Take it for what it’s worth. Sure looks like Frost hasn’t been engaged, given the teams performance. I’m just saying what I heard directly on the radio today. He isn’t the type of dude to lie about anything.
Hoover sucks.

Hoover sucks.
a8b12586-800c-430d-ae5b-086a1ce6be6c_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back