• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chuck Neinas, great read, Nebraska and Missouri made mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just responding to the direction you took the thread. I guess there was no motive on your part when you bring up gray sweatshirts and press conferences. There just seems to be a whole lot of cover provided for the man in charge, excuses made for poor results, and scapegoating of anyone but the head coach. Yeah but we get it, this is the year he has to finally produce or you will accept he has to go while you mock anyone that believes that time had already come.
I think most realize the time has come and gone, and have decided the AD made the decision. The season will play out, and will determine the path forward

I think most realize the time has come and gone, and have decided the AD made the decision. The season will play out, and will determine the path forward
I agree. I also believe Adrian is gone and his season will play out and we will learn from that as well. I just find it interesting that Scott's most ardent defenders are the same one's to quickly blame the quarterback for our failures. These are some of the same supporters that railed against anyone with a critical thought regarding the staff he brought to Lincoln and suddenly the new guys are rockstars and the old are hot garbage. Can you not agree that with SOME, there is a constant cover being provided for the head guy?

I agree. I also believe Adrian is gone and his season will play out and we will learn from that as well. I just find it interesting that Scott's most ardent defenders are the same one's to quickly blame the quarterback for our failures. These are some of the same supporters that railed against anyone with a critical thought regarding the staff he brought to Lincoln and suddenly the new guys are rockstars and the old are hot garbage. Can you not agree that with SOME, there is a constant cover being provided for the head guy?
To be honest, I don't follow the drama all that closely. I think most agree that Scott Frost has been a failure, so far. The rest seems to be a semantics argument

To be honest, I don't follow the drama all that closely. I think most agree that Scott Frost has been a failure, so far. The rest seems to be a semantics argument

Uncle Buck I concur. That is why I don't sit and listen to every syllable coming out of Scott Frost's, or any other coaches mouth. I am not going to defend or condemn anything any of them say.

Scott crapped in his own bed when he came in, disparaging the guys on campus. That was his first mistake

Yeah, you know I have heard this several times on this board and I am sure he said something to the effect, but I have never actually listened to any PC where he said this nor have I ever read anything in any sort of article quoting him saying it.

I know he did this because there are several guys that on this board that repeat it a lot, but as I said, I don't listen to a ton of PC's I don't even listen to the Monday ones. I usually just read the highlights.

Yeah, you know I have heard this several times on this board and I am sure he said something to the effect, but I have never actually listened to any PC where he said this nor have I ever read anything in any sort of article quoting him saying it.

I know he did this because there are several guys that on this board that repeat it a lot, but as I said, I don't listen to a ton of PC's I don't even listen to the Monday ones. I usually just read the highlights.
Here's what I remember. He came in disparaging "the culture". And he continued with this criticism. It's a blanket statement, indicating everyone. I'm sure there were guys that were a problem. Deal directly with them.

Then you bring in knuckleheads like MO Washington. Your words about "culture " ring pretty hollow.

Anyway, moving forward, hope springs eternal. I hope Scott justifies our faith in him.
Go
Big
Red!

Here's what I remember. He came in disparaging "the culture". And he continued with this criticism. It's a blanket statement, indicating everyone. I'm sure there were guys that were a problem. Deal directly with them.

Then you bring in knuckleheads like MO Washington. Your words about "culture " ring pretty hollow.

Anyway, moving forward, hope springs eternal. I hope Scott justifies our faith in him.
Go
Big
Red!
And how could we forget calling out the snowflakes that wore hoodies during warm-ups of the Minnesota game? You know us 90s guys would have been out there in shorts and tank tops. I guess being chilled to the bone in Minneapolis in November somehow proves your manhood.

Go
Big
Red!

I get it, Scott Frost has made a lot of mistakes. No one is questioning that. If he does things differently or says something differently does he have a better team and a better record? No one knows for sure and you can't change what has happened.

As I have said many times, I would have been perfectly fine with TA firing Frost at the end of last season. He didn't, he is the coach for at least 1 more season. He has made a lot of changes to the program in the off season. I really don't see the reason to whine about what has happened in the past. I am not happy they the team hasn't been very good over the last 5 years, but there is not a lot I or anyone else can do about it. So as you say, hope springs eternal.

yOuR nOt A tRuE fAn

eYe PaY tHeRe SaLaReEeEeEeeee

4070ec3684229513898cd7388f9c499f.gif

CheerfulFlippantHornbill-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
And how could we forget calling out the snowflakes that wore hoodies during warm-ups of the Minnesota game? You know us 90s guys would have been out there in shorts and tank tops. I guess being chilled to the bone in Minneapolis in November somehow proves your manhood.
Yeah, that was stupid, considering he was wearing a Hoodie. And, who were the adults in charge?

I get it, Scott Frost has made a lot of mistakes. No one is questioning that. If he does things differently or says something differently does he have a better team and a better record? No one knows for sure and you can't change what has happened.

As I have said many times, I would have been perfectly fine with TA firing Frost at the end of last season. He didn't, he is the coach for at least 1 more season. He has made a lot of changes to the program in the off season. I really don't see the reason to whine about what has happened in the past. I am not happy they the team hasn't been very good over the last 5 years, but there is not a lot I or anyone else can do about it. So as you say, hope springs eternal.
That's where I'm at. Although I did some whining. I was due. It's been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back