• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chubba Purdy OV 14 Jan: "NU is #1 on his list"

Their new coach that's actually recruiting him. The coach that will be at his school next year. Can't say the same about Frost. Do I really need to explain that or are you just trying to be funny? I can't tell.
Oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realize SF and Whip were not recruiting Mr. Purdy. I also didn't realize it has been announced that SF and Whip will not be at NU next year.

You can make assumptions based on what you believe (hope?) will happen by saying the current coaches recruiting any prospect in January 2022 will not (or, if this year is any indication, will) be at the same school next year. I'm sure OU would have rated as one of the most stable programs a mere 2 months ago....now, not so much. Need we add in the upcoming change in conference effects to OU?? But to simply say "school X" who has a new head coach is more stable than "school Y" who has the same head coach is really not a fact based statement.

Oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realize SF and Whip were not recruiting Mr. Purdy. I also didn't realize it has been announced that SF and Whip will not be at NU next year.

You can make assumptions based on what you believe (hope?) will happen by saying the current coaches recruiting any prospect in January 2022 will not (or, if this year is any indication, will) be at the same school next year. I'm sure OU would have rated as one of the most stable programs a mere 2 months ago....now, not so much. Need we add in the upcoming change in conference effects to OU?? But to simply say "school X" who has a new head coach is more stable than "school Y" who has the same head coach is really not a fact based statement.

So a first year coach at OU with a really good resume is not in a more stable situation than one entering their 5th year, after 4 losing seasons, under a restructured contract and new offensive staff?

Um Okay GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

C

My gut also says Nebraska. He has a gun for an arm. Smothers looked serviceable against Iowa but his arm strength needs work. Smothers is an excellent runner. He might play a roll like Hill did behind Brees in New Orleans.

It’s all speculation right now but the more talented athletes we get the better we should be. We have no where to go but up at this point. I don’t want to think we are not going to improve this year. Our offense needs to carry more of the load and put points on the board.
Smothers played well in every game he’s played in. He was a four year starter at an Alabama high school. He became the backup to AM for a reason. I believe he much more than serviceable if he can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly he’ll be Whipple’s starter.

Smothers played well in every game he’s played in. He was a four year starter at an Alabama high school. He became the backup to AM for a reason. I believe he much more than serviceable if he can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly he’ll be Whipple’s starter.
Time will tell. No one knows right now. Everything is speculation. I hope all of our guys are great. I want them to all be All Big Ten. Smothers looks like his teammates love him which says a lot.

Not a chance he is the game 1 starter.
He’s going to ready it’s going to take a really outstanding effort to beat him he’s a very tough young man. We will see how it plays out . The competition is great for everyone. It’s been a while since Nebraska had this kind of competition at QB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back