• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chubba Purdy OV 14 Jan: "NU is #1 on his list"

I really hope Purdy comes to Nebraska. He looks like a guy who can sling it pretty good. Even with the Sooner offer, NU seems like the better opportunity.

Why is Nebraska a better opportunity?
That’s a good question. Maybe it isn’t as far as playing on an established team. But if he is interested in having a chance to change the trajectory of a program, we have the better opportunity. Any QB who comes here and helps right the ship will go down as a legend. Not everyone wants to take a chance on that. It’s risky but the rewards can be awesome.

That’s a good question. Maybe it isn’t as far as playing on an established team. But if he is interested in having a chance to change the trajectory of a program, we have the better opportunity. Any QB who comes here and helps right the ship will go down as a legend. Not everyone wants to take a chance on that. It’s risky but the rewards can be awesome.

That's fair.

I think it really comes down to which school Purdy believes gives him the better opportunity. He may weigh his priorities differently than you or I.

Purdy could also see that Oklahoma has recently put starting quarterbacks into the NFL, while Nebraska has not. And maybe that means more to him. But really, it's anyone's guess.

My gut also says Nebraska. He has a gun for an arm. Smothers looked serviceable against Iowa but his arm strength needs work. Smothers is an excellent runner. He might play a roll like Hill did behind Brees in New Orleans.

It’s all speculation right now but the more talented athletes we get the better we should be. We have no where to go but up at this point. I don’t want to think we are not going to improve this year. Our offense needs to carry more of the load and put points on the board.

I think the stability at Oklahoma would be a factor too.
Plus OU seems more likely to "recruit over him" with whoever they end up signing out of high school for the 2022 and/or 2023 classes. I'm not sure if they are a player for Arch Manning, but they have offered, and their new Offensive Coordinator likely has some relationship with the family (being that he came from Ole Miss).

Stability has to be a big factor in my eyes. 3-9 this past season, all 9 losses by single digits. So next season what is the cut-off? 5-7 with a "signature win"? I will make a huge difference to the kids but maybe even more so to the coaches. Though I do believe we are headed in the right direction. With Thompson leading last years group, we have have seen a couple more wins..... possibly. But the O-line will be the difference this next year. I would love to have Purdy, if he is a gambler, he may bank on the team doing better and then he gets a great opportunity after Thompson. We will see what the future brings!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back