• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chubba Purdy OV 14 Jan: "NU is #1 on his list"

I keep checking daily to see if there is an announcement concerning this position. If Whipple was recruiting Purdy to Pitt and now to Lincoln he see’s tremendous upside. We just need that position to develop into being as good or better than Pickett. That is asking a lot but definitely possible. Would do some crazy good wonders for this team.

I keep checking daily to see if there is an announcement concerning this position. If Whipple was recruiting Purdy to Pitt and now to Lincoln he see’s tremendous upside. We just need that position to develop into being as good or better than Pickett. That is asking a lot but definitely possible. Would do some crazy good wonders for this team.
Better than a heisman finalist? :O O:

Chubba would compete For starting job right out of the box. His Hudl film from his senior season shows he can spin the ball along with being able to run. Is dual threat the direction they are going? If we are looking for a bigger body type with traditional QB measurable‘s this is not our guy.

Just my humble opinion

With him, we'd have 2 Logan Smothers...no thank you!
I see differences between them. Chubba bigger body, stronger arm. Logan more slightly built, probably faster. I could definitely see roles for both guys if the coaches want to play it that way.

Both kids have great character traits. Both 6'2", Chubba listed at 216, Logan listed at 194.

Last edited:
Better than a heisman finalist? :O O:
I know it’s a stretch and I did not do a good job of clarifying but I’m hoping over a period of two to three years we will see big leaps forward. I think Pickett was with Whipple for three years and during that time Pitt worked at developing the team around him ( e.g. upgrading receiver corp and building up the o-line, etc.). If our guys are willing to log the time necessary reach their ceiling and soak up all the knowledge they can to prepare for any opponent, I sincerely think it is possible. It is going to be tons of fun (with some anxiousness) watching all of this unfold.

I know it’s a stretch and I did not do a good job of clarifying but I’m hoping over a period of two to three years we will see big leaps forward. I think Pickett was with Whipple for three years and during that time Pitt worked at developing the team around him ( e.g. upgrading receiver corp and building up the o-line, etc.). If our guys are willing to log the time necessary reach their ceiling and soak up all the knowledge they can to prepare for any opponent, I sincerely think it is possible. It is going to be tons of fun (with some anxiousness) watching all of this unfold.

I get what you're saying, but Frost shouldn't have 2-3 years to develop a QB. He better have the sense of urgency to find a QB that can be inserted next season to turn things around immediately.

Chubba would compete For starting job right out of the box. His Hudl film from his senior season shows he can spin the ball along with being able to run. Is dual threat the direction they are going? If we are looking for a bigger body type with traditional QB measurable‘s this is not our guy.

Just my humble opinion
The problem I have is he went to FSU and lost out to their version of AM and McKenzie Milton, who Frost didn't want to make a move on last year.

A 3rd string QB on a team with a losing record is a big risk if the hope is an immediate plug for next year.

The problem I have is he went to FSU and lost out to their version of AM and McKenzie Milton, who Frost didn't want to make a move on last year.

A 3rd string QB on a team with a losing record is a big risk if the hope is an immediate plug for next year.
Oh, yeah, there is no option without risk at this point - but the risk is relative to other options we may or may not have.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back