• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chryst deal

HuskerDB

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
Chryst took a lesser buyout than he was entitled if he could have the money upfront and not have the buyout reduced by future earnings. Pretty sweet deal for both parties — WI is off the hook for a lot of the money and gets to deal with a known amount, Chryst has the opportunity to double dip and make even more.

Guessing this was never an option for SF as he will likely never smell big money again.

Chryst took a lesser buyout than he was entitled if he could have the money upfront and not have the buyout reduced by future earnings. Pretty sweet deal for both parties — WI is off the hook for a lot of the money and gets to deal with a known amount, Chryst has the opportunity to double dip and make even more.

Guessing this was never an option for SF as he will likely never smell big money again.
If SF wants I suspect he could get an OC job pretty quick. He's got great coaching references and experiences. It only takes one.

Maybe he becomes Saban's next reclamation project!

Scott needs some serious self reflection time to sort out his demons and the last 5 years. I think it is hard to change your spots once you hit your mid 40's, you are who you are, but I hope the best for him and hope he gets a shot somewhere to redeem himself.

Smart on his part, given the success he has had. This means he is betting on himself that he'll get scooped up by someone else quickly.

If SF wants I suspect he could get an OC job pretty quick. He's got great coaching references and experiences. It only takes one.

Maybe he becomes Saban's next reclamation project!
A lot of it depends on the program, but I agree, Frost will land somewhere eventually. We have seen people fail worse than Frost and land on their feet.

As for Saban, it will depend what Frost's issues actually are and whether he is ready to move past them. Saban is no nonsense. If he goes to Bama to be an analyst, you get given some crummy stuff to do. When they did a segment on Gameday about his "reclamations" they interviewed Mike Locksley (now at Maryland) and he talked about how as an analyst he had to go babysit football camp kids at the pool during the summer as part of his duties. Talked about how humbling that was after being the head coach of a program and making millions. Not sure Frost would be ready for that.

Better question, I think, is if Chip Kelly would want him back. They've already worked well together and UCLA doesn't have a true OC.

I predict Colorado will benefit from this…

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back