• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Christmas Dinner

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
What are you/is your family having for Christmas Dinner?

I'm smoking a Brisket and roasting a Duck [maybe rotisserie].

upload_2018-12-13_11-18-15.png

Last edited:

Our Thanksgiving turkey was simply fantastic this year so it will be hard to try something different. We are thinking about scaling down our turkey so fewer leftovers and then during the long weekend leading up to New Years picking out something new to smoke on the grill. I'm not sure what that will be yet but if I can't convince myself to try grilling something new like duck or cornish hens then we do have hog left in the freezer.

Our Thanksgiving turkey was simply fantastic this year so it will be hard to try something different. We are thinking about scaling down our turkey so fewer leftovers and then during the long weekend leading up to New Years picking out something new to smoke on the grill. I'm not sure what that will be yet but if I can't convince myself to try grilling something new like duck or cornish hens then we do have hog left in the freezer.
Just a suggestion on the leftover turkey. I usually get the biggest turkey my limited cooking facilities can handle. I put the leftovers in smaller containers and cover all the meat with the cooking juices. The smaller packages will keep almost indefinitely in the freezer. I reheat the package in the microwave for a quick turkey sandwich whenever I like. And then the house smells really good allover again.

Just a suggestion on the leftover turkey. I usually get the biggest turkey my limited cooking facilities can handle. I put the leftovers in smaller containers and cover all the meat with the cooking juices. The smaller packages will keep almost indefinitely in the freezer. I reheat the package in the microwave for a quick turkey sandwich whenever I like. And then the house smells really good allover again.
That is a good point Farmer Jake. We have not tried freezing single servings of turkey. In the past we pick out what we don't think we will eat and freeze the rest all in one bag, which usually results in kids picking at it and the leftovers become leftovers once again.

Leaving to see our kids in Ca. the day after Christmas so we are having grilled duck breast with a Cherry-Port sauce.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back