• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chris Peterson resigns

Maybe, I would definitely take him at his word when he says he needs to recharge. Living in Boise this was the big talk on the sports talk radio yesterday. He loves the coaching aspect of the game, but basically hates the grind of everything else. Many stated they could actually see him come back as an OC or a HC at a 1AA or group of 5 school. He basically left BSU because he was feeling stagnate. He was never going to take a job just because he thought it was going to give him the best chance of winning a NC. It has to be a good fit. He is Great Northwest/West coast guy. He is not taking the job at FSU or Mississippi. He is not going to take the USC job either. He already could have had the job. He was offered and turned down the job after Pete Carrol left.

Completely agree. He’s not the mercenary type, so he’ll be very selective. There have been conflicting reports about the USC job back in 2013. It sounds like both parties backed away before an offer was made, because the meeting between Haden and CP went so poorly.

It is hard for me to imagine he’d leave the west but equally hard to imagine him taking another job in the Pac 12 or as an OC. I can’t think of any analogs where a highly successful head coach is content to be a coordinator.

If I’m Colorado St., I’ve got my people talking to his people about 2021.

Could be. I don’t know a lot about him other than he wins a lot of football games. We’ve seen Urb step away for (Ahem) health reasons and Stoops do the same. Never though Stoops would stay away from the college game, but here we are three years later and he’s doing whatever he’s doing with the XFL. Who knows. Maybe he’s had enough.
I honestly believe Stoops was tired of the recruiting. That’s just a guess.

And Saban just keeps going like the Energizer bunny......
Maybe he'll be the next spokesperson for e
Energizer once he's done with Aflac. I still can't figure out why he decided to take that gig, unless it's to showcase his 'persona' in prep for a return to the league. Dude makes what $8 mil a year plus bonuses for conference and national champs. He's gotta be swimming in cash.

Maybe he'll be the next spokesperson for e
Energizer once he's done with Aflac. I still can't figure out why he decided to take that gig, unless it's to showcase his 'persona' in prep for a return to the league. Dude makes what $8 mil a year plus bonuses for conference and national champs. He's gotta be swimming in cash.
Aflac just gave him a paycheck to recruit.

Maybe, I would definitely take him at his word when he says he needs to recharge. Living in Boise this was the big talk on the sports talk radio yesterday. He loves the coaching aspect of the game, but basically hates the grind of everything else. Many stated they could actually see him come back as an OC or a HC at a 1AA or group of 5 school. He basically left BSU because he was feeling stagnate. He was never going to take a job just because he thought it was going to give him the best chance of winning a NC. It has to be a good fit. He is Great Northwest/West coast guy. He is not taking the job at FSU or Mississippi. He is not going to take the USC job either. He already could have had the job. He was offered and turned down the job after Pete Carrol left.

Yeah, I remember reading a number of years ago before he had even left Boise where he had told someone that the happiest he'd ever been in coaching was when he was a coordinator or position coach at some FCS school or somewhere. He doesn't seem well suited for high profile HC jobs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back