• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chris Jones injury

JHudson

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
:(

Nebraska Head Coach Mike Riley confirmed Saturday that senior cornerback Chris Jones recently underwent a meniscus repair on his left knee. The normal recovery time for this type of procedure is four to six months. Because of his injury, Jones will not attend the Big Ten Media Day and Kickoff Luncheon in Chicago on July 24-25. Junior safety Aaron Williams will replace Jones in representing Nebraska in Chicago, joining junior quarterback Tanner Lee and senior linebacker Chris Weber.

If the time frame is correct for his recovery...I wonder if it would make sense to redshirt him assuming he doesn't come back earlier than anticipated? This injury news has to impact the NFL Draft for him and coming back fully healthy would only help. I understand that he would have to be open to redshirting but does it make sense in this case?

:O O:

Last edited:
If the time frame is correct for his recovery...I wonder if it would make sense to redshirt him assuming he doesn't come back earlier than anticipated? This injury news has to impact the NFL Draft for him and coming back fully healthy would only help. I understand that he would have to be open to redshirting but does it make sense in this case?

Didn't he already redshirt?

Yes.

I hated the Kalu move to safety when it was going to be Jones and Jackson as our corners. I felt Domann and Williams with Kalu and Jones was much better. When Domann went down I at least came to grips with the move. Now with Jones out, it's Lee and Jackson at corner unless you move Kalu back. I think you have to move Kalu back and he missed all the spring. Missing out on Blades and not taking any other DBs for the 2017 class would be a huge blow for sure now.

Last edited:

That puts us in a bind now. Too bad. I hope he makes a full recovery, but he is likely out for the season so if he can redshirt, that would seem like the best move for him. As for our secondary, you just have to hope Lee will step up. Bummer that one of our best players is out. Coaches and players hopefully can come up with a solid plan for Fall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back