• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chip Kelly turns down Nebraska & Tennessee.

I still think we know by this Sunday if it’s Frost or we are looking elsewhere.

There will be no waiting until December 2 for an answer from Frost. If he said “no” on 12/2, you are less than 3 weeks from signing day with no coach.

I still contend that Frost has likely signed a binding LOI with a mutual gag order.

If NU showed any interest in Kelly, it was for posturing and/or diversion purposes only. That goes on all the time.

We will know if it’s Frost by this Saturday evening or Sunday, as it will have leaked out. If we go into Monday with no word, expect other candidate prospects to begin surfacing.

Last edited:
would/should frost have the same concern?
No he understands Nebraska and the importance of a power run game he's too smart to put a square peg in a round hole. He's going to surround himself with outstanding coaches as great coaches always do,his strength is his football intelligence.

I still think we know by this Sunday if it’s Frost or we are looking elsewhere.

There will be no waiting until December 2 for an answer from Frost. If he said “no” on 12/2, you are less than 3 weeks from signing day with no coach.

I still contend that Frost has likely signed a binding LOI with a mutual gag order.

If NU showed any interest in Kelly, it was for posturing and/or diversion purposes only. That goes on all the time.

We will know if it’s Frost by this Saturday evening or Sunday, as it will have leaked out. If we go into Monday with no word, expect other candidate prospects to begin surfacing.

I can see a scenario where Moos meets with Riley on Saturday and lets him go. Tells the media he's got a few interviews to conduct and drags it out as long as possible to let Frost get as much mileage out of this UCF season as he can. Don't know if that means he's mum on Frost until after UCF's bowl game, but like you mentioned I doubt it stays a secret that long.

I can see a scenario where Moos meets with Riley on Saturday and lets him go. Tells the media he's got a few interviews to conduct and drags it out as long as possible to let Frost get as much mileage out of this UCF season as he can. Don't know if that means he's mum on Frost until after UCF's bowl game, but like you mentioned I doubt it stays a secret that long.

If there’s a binding LOI then NU can wait to announce until next weekend. If there’s not a binding LOI, then other candidates are being pursued likely at this very moment.

But that stuff is hard to keep mum, so I am guessing there is a binding LOI with a gag order, which is why both SF and NU have gone silent.

Chip Kelly was a long shot to come to Nebraska in the first place. It is not his style. If there weren't openings at Florida and UCLA right now, I am sure he would be considering Nebraska, but I think he feels like both of those places are better gigs.

"better job" is pretty subjective.

at florida you have a coupke years to win a conference title or you are gone.

Subjective? Sure, at some level I suppose.

If I'm Chip Kelly, I can't think of a single thing Nebraska has that Florida doesn't have better. If Chip's scared of the expectations, then he's probably not right for the job.

I think Chip goes to UCLA. It is a better fit for him and he will do well. However that leaves us in a bidding war with Florida for Scott Frost but I think we will win out because we are much more serious about Scott then they are and we will allow him to bring all his assistant coaches if he wants. I have read that Florida wants to keep their defensive coaches.

If I'm Chip Kelly, I can't think of a single thing Nebraska has that Florida doesn't have better. If Chip's scared of the expectations, then he's probably not right for the job.
I don't think it's as much about Nebraska as Florida's in the SEC. SEC permits such things as "over signing" then withdrawing those scholies. SEC is a lot more user friendly about accadamics and other things not mentioned. Lets remember Kelly played pretty fast and lose at OSU which fits better with the SEC... not so much the BIG IMO.

Kelly certainly wasn't impressive at the NFL level much the same as little Nicky......

Last edited:

Nebraska has you and me as fans. That should be more than enough. But if you need more, we don't have Steve Spurrier meddling. We also have more national championships, more sellouts, more wins, better uniforms, Memorial Stadium, Runzas, etc...

I'm tired of everyone seemingly accepting second (or third) tier status. Nebraska is still the best job in the country because it's the best freaking program in the country.

I don't really care about Chip Kelly, though. I wish him well in his effort to catch Scott Frost's Huskers.

Nebraska has you and me as fans. That should be more than enough. But if you need more, we don't have Steve Spurrier meddling. We also have more national championships, more sellouts, more wins, better uniforms, Memorial Stadium, Runzas, etc...

I'm tired of everyone seemingly accepting second (or third) tier status. Nebraska is still the best job in the country because it's the best freaking program in the country.

I don't really care about Chip Kelly, though. I wish him well in his effort to catch Scott Frost's Huskers.

Just because you or I think it is the best job in the country doesn't mean everyone else does.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back