• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chip Kelly turns down Nebraska & Tennessee.

Not that it matters if Chip Kelly already turned Nebraska down or not, but I believe there is no story here. Ne showed no interest without being offered? I smell Troll in the USA Today. Looking to get every click from fans of schools possibly looking for a coach.

Personally, I just don't believe Moos offered him. I'm not even sure "interest" was heavily shown. Kelly does not check off all the boxes of Moos' defined pre-requisites he listed a while back. Grant it, some of those pre-requisites are loose at best, but still. Kelly doesn't check off one that seems very important to Moos. "Fit"...as in fits well at a school like Nebraska. I think the personality and character issue are a bit concerning too. This is just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I just don't think the conversation between Moos and Kelly got anywhere near a job offer or even gauging authentic interest in the job here.

Yep, conversation probably more about Scott Frost.

Another report with enough equivocation to last me a lifetime. Should it turn out to be erroneous, he's provided himself with a ton of cover. But this guy will get enough clicks to justify his job security.

I think Moos talked to Kelly to see if there was interest, and there was none. Kelly can do what he wants since he's the hottest coach out there since he has made the list for every job. That being said, Frost made those lists too, so it is what it is.

I can see a scenario where Moos meets with Riley on Saturday and lets him go. Tells the media he's got a few interviews to conduct and drags it out as long as possible to let Frost get as much mileage out of this UCF season as he can. Don't know if that means he's mum on Frost until after UCF's bowl game, but like you mentioned I doubt it stays a secret that long.
Subjective? Sure, at some level I suppose.

If I'm Chip Kelly, I can't think of a single thing Nebraska has that Florida doesn't have better. If Chip's scared of the expectations, then he's probably not right for the job.

Plus you get Spurrier to diagram plays for you whether you like it or not

Since you capitalized NO I assume that means you wouldn't cut off your pinky for Scott Frost. I agree. What would I stick out when drinking a cup of tea?;)
88f278f30fdafd98ad78bd8bafdb6045.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back