• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chip Kelly turns down Nebraska & Tennessee.

Subjective? Sure, at some level I suppose.

If I'm Chip Kelly, I can't think of a single thing Nebraska has that Florida doesn't have better. If Chip's scared of the expectations, then he's probably not right for the job.

Nebraska has you and me as fans. That should be more than enough. But if you need more, we don't have Steve Spurrier meddling. We also have more national championships, more sellouts, more wins, better uniforms, Memorial Stadium, Runzas, etc...

I'm tired of everyone seemingly accepting second (or third) tier status. Nebraska is still the best job in the country because it's the best freaking program in the country.

I don't really care about Chip Kelly, though. I wish him well in his effort to catch Scott Frost's Huskers.

Good post, thill. I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it and said it better than I would have. We also have better facilities than Florida.

Just because you or I think it is the best job in the country doesn't mean everyone else does.

And just because some people think it is a lesser job than many other jobs doesn't mean that you or I have to think that.

There seem to be a lot of sad-sack "woe is us" types on this board.

There seem to be a lot of sad-sack "woe is us" types on this board.
inferiority_complex_2301365.jpg

Personally, I just don't believe Moos offered him. I'm not even sure "interest" was heavily shown. Kelly does not check off all the boxes of Moos' defined pre-requisites he listed a while back. Grant it, some of those pre-requisites are loose at best, but still. Kelly doesn't check off one that seems very important to Moos. "Fit"...as in fits well at a school like Nebraska. I think the personality and character issue are a bit concerning too. This is just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I just don't think the conversation between Moos and Kelly got anywhere near a job offer or even gauging authentic interest in the job here.

Personally, I just don't believe Moos offered him. I'm not even sure "interest" was heavily shown. Kelly does not check off all the boxes of Moos' defined pre-requisites he listed a while back. Grant it, some of those pre-requisites are loose at best, but still. Kelly doesn't check off one that seems very important to Moos. "Fit"...as in fits well at a school like Nebraska. I think the personality and character issue are a bit concerning too. This is just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I just don't think the conversation between Moos and Kelly got anywhere near a job offer or even gauging authentic interest in the job here.
He will fit a lot better in LA then he would in Lincoln.

Last edited:

My guess is we won’t fill until we get a definite yes or no from Frost and that won’t happen until his season is over.

I'm not certain what you mean by "his season is over." If you mean regular season, yes, I agree. If you mean after the bowl game, I disagree. At that point, we'd be rummaging through leftovers if Frost were to say "no."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back