• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chili recipes

Isnt chili one of those things that as Chi-town says, you never make the exact same twice! I am proud of my chili and will share it sometime, I also make a great White Chicken Chilli! Yummy!

Ok so I finally got around to it. I did this totally by touch so no real measurements...sorry

I started by cubing about 2 pounds of short rib meat. I seasoned the meat with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and set it aside.

Chopped 4 cloves of garlic, cup and half white onion, and 2 medium size jalapeño.

I sautéed about 1/3 of the garlic and onions in my dutch oven (touch of olive oil, salt and pepper).

Next I added the meat to the dutch oven and browned the meat (happened pretty fast).

Once the meat was browned I deglazed the pan with a beer (Killians Irish Red -- it was on sale) to about half way covering the meat (should have used a little less).

Covered and let simmer for about 30 minutes.

Added 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and one can of undrained kidney beens and brought the chili back up to a boil and then back to a simmer for 30 minutes.

Added the rest of the garlic, onions, and the jalapeño. Seasoned with chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, red pepper flake, garlic powder.

Covered and simmered for an hour (occasionally stirring).

I severed it with a squeeze of lime and fresh chopped cilantro as a garnish. On the side we had corn bread (from a box).

It was really good. The meat was really tender and loaded with flavor. The wife loved it...

Some great recipes it looks like, I will be trying some of them in the near future, thanks everyone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back