• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chiefs offseason

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/07/3998243/watch-live-as-the-chiefs-introduce.html

Well it's officially official now. Biggest question is, what the Chiefs do at QB. If they trade, there's only a few players that are untradeable. Charles, Tamba, and Berry. Jokingly I add Colquitt to that list, but he was the most consistent player in 2012. Maybe Justin Houston and Brandon Flowers could be added to that list, but those two might players that would sweeten a deal. I believe Bowe just signed a one-year contract after being slapped with the franchise tag, so if they want to keep him, they'll have to bring someone in who he'll be comfortable playing with.

I really don't want to see KC trade for a QB. That went so poorly last time around that I would rather see KC draft a QB at #1 and go from there.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/07/3998243/watch-live-as-the-chiefs-introduce.html

Well it's officially official now. Biggest question is, what the Chiefs do at QB. If they trade, there's only a few players that are untradeable. Charles, Tamba, and Berry. Jokingly I add Colquitt to that list, but he was the most consistent player in 2012. Maybe Justin Houston and Brandon Flowers could be added to that list, but those two might players that would sweeten a deal. I believe Bowe just signed a one-year contract after being slapped with the franchise tag, so if they want to keep him, they'll have to bring someone in who he'll be comfortable playing with.

I really don't want to see KC trade for a QB. That went so poorly last time around that I would rather see KC draft a QB at #1 and go from there.

It's a new coach and front office, no one is untradeable.

It's a new coach and front office, no one is untradeable.

I just don't see it that way. Hali, Charles, and Berry are all Pro Bowl caliber players that are good character guys. You don't trade those guys away unless they've voiced their displeasure with the organization behind closed doors. I could maybe see a scenario where Hali is tradeable because Reid wants to move from the 3-4 to the 4-3 but that would be it. This isn't like trading away Jared Allen a few years ago. He was a low draft pick that exceeded expectations, but at the same time had some off the field baggage that didn't sit well with the organization.

I doubt there's an NFL franchise that has gone a longer span of time without having a solid starting quarterback who they also drafted. It's been decades! Not sure if it will happen, but Geno Smith to KC is common in some of the NFL mock drafts.

I doubt there's an NFL franchise that has gone a longer span of time without having a solid starting quarterback who they also drafted. It's been decades! Not sure if it will happen, but Geno Smith to KC is common in some of the NFL mock drafts.

Todd Blacklidge in 1983.:mad::banghead:

I go back and forth on Smith. He's got the size and mobility. I just don't know if his stats this year came from his ability of the fact the Big 12 refuses to play defense.

Todd Blacklidge in 1983.:mad::banghead:

I go back and forth on Smith. He's got the size and mobility. I just don't know if his stats this year came from his ability of the fact the Big 12 refuses to play defense.

Yep.... Blackledge... and he sucked. Who was the last successful QB drafted by the Chiefs?! It's insane it's been over 30 years.

I just don't see it that way. Hali, Charles, and Berry are all Pro Bowl caliber players that are good character guys. You don't trade those guys away unless they've voiced their displeasure with the organization behind closed doors. I could maybe see a scenario where Hali is tradeable because Reid wants to move from the 3-4 to the 4-3 but that would be it. This isn't like trading away Jared Allen a few years ago. He was a low draft pick that exceeded expectations, but at the same time had some off the field baggage that didn't sit well with the organization.

NFL running backs are expendable, and Reid has a track record of not utilizing running backs so I would actually prefer getting as much as we can for Charles. Berry has not performed up to his draft spot, but still could in the future. Hali is a good player, but like you said if they want to switch to a 3-4 then he may not be a good fit.

The chiefs didn't get to 2-14 by having a roster full of untouchable talent. The chiefs have a lot of work to do, if you go look at the moves made by Pioli over the past several seasons you can make a case that almost every single one of them made the chiefs a little less talented. And the cumulative effect was 2-14.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/14/4010730/new-chiefs-gm-dorsey-calls-this.html

Seems like just about everyone is calling this a great hire. Of course Pioli was also considered a great hire and he was more concerned about gum wrappers than actually winning football games. With that said, John Dorsey seems to have a much more accomplished resume than Pioli did. He's saying all the right things right now, but I'm more interested in hearing what he plans to do with the QB situation and the #1 overall pick.

I have seen Geno Smith the qb from West Virginia mentioned. I am not sure he is worthy of the top pick.

Went back, forgot he was already talked about. Forget I said anything.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back