• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chief Borders Transfering To Pitt

Was certainly a big personality and good student. I think his future may be in a recruiting position somewhere and not the NFL. Wish him the best, obviously wasn't a clear number 1 here.

When I saw the post of him with the #1 QB recruit in Georgia last week my first thought was why would he be down there in the middle of Spring practice/ week of Spring Game? Made no sense to me. So not surprised.

I am guessing that the Coaches have begun their meetings with the players, and we will see a couple more portal entries by the deadline tomorrow.

I could see Chief wanting to be a starter/ full time player somewhere and that may have not been in the plan here. With the continued plan for building for the future we may see more upper classman that aren't starters given advice and helped to find a new home where they can do so. Can be a win/win for both parties. There are guys that are on NIL walk on status that we think are on scholarship. The reality is they will want to limit those if they can make room another way. Save those $'s for a future 5 star.

Or maybe he doesn't like tornado's?

Last edited:

Maybe Rhule and Tony White knew that Chief was going to be a rotational player and wanted to talk him up in order to help him find a good landing spot…do right by the player and program. Also would make it appear that Coach Rhule did not force him out by praising the player during spring practice.

Last edited:

When I saw the post of him with the #1 QB recruit in Georgia last week my first thought was why would he be down there in the middle of Spring practice/ week of Spring Game? Made no sense to me. So not surprised.

I am guessing that the Coaches have begun their meetings with the players, and we will see a couple more portal entries by the deadline tomorrow.

I could see Chief wanting to be a starter/ full time player somewhere and that may have not been in the plan here. With the continued plan for building for the future we may see more upper classman that aren't starters given advice and helped to find a new home where they can do so. Can be a win/win for both parties. There are guys that are on NIL walk on status that we think are on scholarship. The reality is they will want to limit those if they can make room another way. Save those $'s for a future 5 star.

Or maybe he doesn't like tornado's?
Thank you for nailing it.

Maybe Rhule and Tony White knew that Chief was going to be a rotational player and wanted to talk him up in order to help him find a good landing spot…do right by the player and program. Also would make it appear that Coach Rhule did not force him out by praising the player during spring practice.
Yep

I’m not sure I agree. Yes it’s a new world but tampering is a stretch. I believe this is a nudge out the door. Tampering would have happened long before the end of spring training.
i was thinking the same thing, just didn't write it out.

Defining tampering as to immediate results means your staff isn't doing good.
Its hard here because the transition out of spring ball can fit someone showing respect, waiting for best offer, evaluations and a players not happy etc.

Offers are being given out, see Fidone. He isn't the only one and sometimes coaches see players as perfect fits, word gets around and offers are made.

Not sure this fits here, but it is possible. Again, see where he lands, which is still not proof, but ups the odds. If we are that deep, he for sure had his money on himself one way or the other, saw it out and possibly came up short of where he wanted to be, a guy who separated from the pack.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back