• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chief Borders Transfering To Pitt

Yea we all knew there would be some shockers but even this one surprises me a bit. I'll re-emphasize what I have felt all along. The transfer portal isn't just about guys wanting to transfer......its as much about guys getting pushed out. Most of the transfers at this point are guys who are being told they are not in the picture either as a youngster in the three deep or a seasoned guy not being a starter. I have to believe Chief wasn't given the nod he was hoping for.

Wow . . . that one shocks me. He just spoke at a presser and seemed like he was really making some noise during spring.

So what do we think about this? Did he come here with no NIL $, Rhule kept bragging about him all Spring, so now he’s opportunistically seeking $$ to go elsewhere?

Rhule said he would meet with every player 1-1 after spring game— maybe Chief said, “show me the money?”

So what do we think about this? Did he come here with no NIL $, Rhule kept bragging about him all Spring, so now he’s opportunistically seeking $$ to go elsewhere?

Rhule said he would meet with every player 1-1 after spring game— maybe Chief said, “show me the money?”
If there's tampering here, he likely made his offer to someone. Wherever he ends up likely is paying more.
But we really don't know.

Ok not my words but listening to the radio this afternoon when this came down it was said that Chief was going to be a rotational guy. That he was not a true pass rusher so that would also limit his playing time as the coaches have guys who they rely on to get to the passer.

Over half of the scholarships are protected because they were either brought in or recruited in the last two years. That means we have to lose about 9 of the upper level scholarship players who many of us will recognize. We are not likely to lose anyone that catches Rhule by surprise. Most likely Rhule has nudged

He really wasn’t starting much for the entire season may have seen reduced playing time with the younger LB’s right now. I understand he was a great young man but he wants to play more than likely more than he was believing he would.
Good luck to the young man.

He really wasn’t starting much for the entire season may have seen reduced playing time with the younger LB’s right now. I understand he was a great young man but he wants to play more than likely more than he was believing he would.
Good luck to the young man.
With 3 solo and 6 assisted, that put him 21st in tackles on the team.
But its guys like him who make a good D solid.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back