• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chicken and Waffles

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
Last Saturday afternoon, Ms. King and I were contemplating/discussing what to do for dinner. I was in the mood to cook (Jameson's does that to me) so off to Kroger we went for some ingredients. While there, we decided chicken and waffles sounded really good so we picked up the stuff for that and headed back to the castle. For whatever reason, I've been on a pretty good roll lately and Saturday's final result was the best chicken and waffles that I've ever made (this, according to Ms. King and she's been subjected to my experiments for a long time). I'm sorry but I just can't give up my recipe for fried chicken but I can say that it is smoky and spicy. I made a spicy, maple/butter reduction for the topping and that alone, was killer and it complemented the chicken, perfectly.

It's been a while since I've posted any food pr0n but I finally got a new share set up. I don't think reducing the image to HMax requirements will do it proper justice so here is a link; http://chicken and waffles goodness

20160423_213707_zpsngalvkx0.jpg

Last edited:
Last Saturday afternoon, Ms. King and I were contemplating/discussing what to do for dinner. I was in the mood to cook (Jameson's does that to me) so off to Kroger we went for some ingredients. While there, we decided chicken and waffles sounded really good so we picked up the stuff for that and headed back to the castle. For whatever reason, I've been on a pretty good roll lately and Saturday's final result was the best chicken and waffles that I've ever made (this, according to Ms. King and she's been subjected to my experiments for a long time). I'm sorry but I just can't give up my recipe for fried chicken but I can say that it is smoky and spicy. I made a spicy, maple/butter reduction for the topping and that alone, was killer and it complemented the chicken, perfectly.

It's been a while since I've posted any food pr0n but I finally got a new share set up. I don't think reducing the image to HMax requirements will do it proper justice so here is a link; http://chicken and waffles goodness

Those look like the wings, that had to have been a monster chicken... By the way, I coming over to your house for dinner, that looks awesome!

Does it make me a bad person because I thought of the Peyote scene in Young Guns when I typed "monster chicken?"

Last edited:
What do you serve with chicken and waffles as far as vegetables go?

Or is it one of those meals that you just say 'screw my health'?

I don't particularly care for chicken and waffles(I've never quite got it) but the chicken wings you showed looks mighty tasty there.

Those look like the wings, that had to have been a monster chicken... By the way, I coming over to your house for dinner, that looks awesome!

Does it make me a bad person because I thought of the Peyote scene in Young Guns when I typed "monster chicken?"

[video=youtube;11rsHQ15gE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rsHQ15gE0[/video]

LOL. No, it does not make you a bad person. I really didn't think much about the size of the wings until I contrasted my pic with the one I took of the order I got when I went to Gladys Knight's spot in ATL, a couple of weeks ago. Those suckers are big but that's what I always get at Kroger when I'm doing wings so it never really occurred to me.

Come on down, I have a standing invitation to anyone here. Weather sucks right now (rain, rain, rain) but its supposed to be beautiful this weekend for Derby.

Bacon.

I don't particularly care for chicken and waffles(I've never quite got it) but the chicken wings you showed looks mighty tasty there.

I just enjoy the contrast of the heat/spice from the chicken to the sweetness of the reduction I made. FWIW, I've had it at a handful of restaurants and not everybody makes their chicken spicy, they make it kind of sweet. I much prefer mine with the spice over the others. Maybe that's what you need, a little bit of kick in the bird to contrast the sweetness.

Vegetables? What are vegetables? I'm from Nebraska we don't eat no vegetables.

I'll have to try this chicken and waffles recipe. The photo link was appreciated.

Made some of these last Saturday night. I used Krusteaz waffle mix. I've intentionally avoided ever using their products because the name evokes images that I don't associate with food. Anyway, we were at Kroger, picking up ingredients when Ms. King suggested that we use it as she has in the past and remembered it being really good. I'm here to say that this mix upped my chicken and waffle game to the point where I would be comfortable now, selling them to the public. No pics, I was well along the way to becoming a mess by the time they were done.

Last edited:

I went to Beans and Cornbread today in Southfield and they had a Sunday brunch with chicken and waffles and some fried catfish that was to die for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back